107 - Angst pt. 2

Jennie went to the local bookstore again Thursday afternoon. She both a bunch of her DIY bookmark that she made herself.

She's doing for a while now, Jennie asked permission from the owner of she can put her bookmark on a random book that Miss L wrote. The owner can't decline her offer, who can say no to her charm.

"Let's see which book will have a special gift from me" She smiled before picking up a random work from Miss L.

It's been a week since Miss L announcement of resigning from writing.

'Don't give up, she'll come back, and write more stories for you' Jennie weakly smile as she read what she wrote on the bookmark.

"She didn't give up on us for motivating everyone to write their own story, and I will not give up on you giving up writing" Jennie smiled before closing the book and placing it on the shelves.

"This must be yours" Jennie was startled with the sudden voice beside her. She looked at the person who spoke and sees the girl from last week.

"Oh..." Jennie paused before taking the bookmark on her hand. "It's for everyone who wants to read Miss L 's works," Jennie said without looking at the girl and put the bookmark on her favourite book. "Unfortunately, it's not for you," Jennie said and rolled her eyes.

The girl beside her giggled. "I came here to return that to you," She said but Jennie just continues to put a bookmark on a random book. "And to apologize" She said with sincerity.

Jennie looked at her while her eyebrows furrowed. "For what?" She asked.

"For hurting your feelings" She said and smiled genuinely. "I shouldn't say harsh words towards your idol. You made me realize things. And I admire you for your dedication towards her" Jennie observed her for a few seconds before smiling back at her when she saw the sincerity in her eyes.

"Apology accepted" Jennie smiled back. "But help me put this on her works" She giggled and showed her gummy smile at the girl.

The girl can't help but stare at her beautiful smile. "I'm Lisa, by the way," She introduced before getting some of her bookmarks on her hand.

"Jennie" She simply said.

"Can I ask a question?" Lisa asked. But Jennie giggled as her response.

"You're already asking," She said. "Shoot," She said as a signal that Lisa can ask her the question.

"Why are we doing this?" She asked. "I mean, why are you making this kind of effort for some people you don't even know," She asked again.

"You mean making a bookmark?" Jennie asked and glanced at Lisa and she saw her nod as her response. "I want everyone to have a memorable experience while reading Miss L 's work" She smiled without looking at Lisa.

"Are you still sad about her giving up on writing?" Lisa asked and stares at Jennie.

"I am, I still wish every day that it was just a joke, but it's not," She said and weakly smile. "Maybe I can do what you want, I can move on if she said her reasons. But she didn't" Lisa heard a deep sighed.

"Then ask her reasons" Lisa simply said and Jennie chuckled.

"I wish it's that easy," She said. "But nobody knows her whereabouts," She said and looked at Lisa. She saw her smirking. "Why?" Jennie asked in a confused tone.

"I'm already questioning if you're her biggest fan" She chuckled. "She tells her exact location, on her works" She confessed.

Jennie furrowed her eyebrows not sure if she'll believe Lisa. And Lisa rolled her eyes at her since Jennie didn't believe her. Jennie watched Lisa grab some books.

"You already read this one, right?" Lisa asked and showed her a trilogy of Miss L 's work. "Home" She reads the title. "A story where a girl trying to find her way back home," She said the summary of the book.

Jennie nodded at her question. "Of course, one of the best trilogy" She answered.

"Read it again, and look for clues," She said and messed Jennie's hair before leaving her in confusion.

Jennie repeatedly taps her lips using her pen. She removes her chapped lips, her mannerism. "Is she playing a prank on me?" Jennie asked herself.

She bun her hair using her pen while trying to understand everything words on Miss L 's work.

It's been a while since she started looking for clues like what Lisa said.

Jennie turned the pages on the last page and read her notes for the nth time. And on her last sentence.

"...the little things mean the most," Jennie said almost whispering. She repeated the statement.

While repeating the statement, Jennie notices small written random numbers below the page. She then proceeds to the next book and other random numbers. Until the last book.

"what's this?" She questioned herself. Jennie grabbed her laptop and typed the random numbers according to the sequence of the book.

Jennie bit her finger while she waited. She paused for a moment while staring at the location that the internet brought her.

As Jennie stand outside the house of the location that she found on the internet she remembers page 85, book three and the first paragraph. 'She looks around the house, a two-storey house, with a light cream colour that makes it brighter when the sun reflects on it. The girl smiled when she saw a small three with a small house above it. She didn't even notice an older woman was standing in front of her. "Welcome home, my child," She said and opened her arms widely as the girl run towards her'

Jennie wipes all tear escaped her eyes, it the same description like the one in the book.

Jennie heaved for a deep breath before walking towards the door. It's now or never.

Jennie took a deep breath again before knocking three times. She waited for a second before she heard someone unlocking the door.

Jennie gulped for few times. She was surprised that someone is living in this place.

As the door open, her expression changes. "Took you a while figuring that out" Lisa smiled at Jennie.

"Lisa?" Jennie asked in a confused tone.

Lisa nodded. "Some call me Miss L," Lisa said and offered her a handshake. "I heard you like my works?" Lisa smiled but she left Jennie speechless.

*

Update for trxcccc kase gagalet siya hahahahaha

Send suggestions hehe :>