105 - Fluff pt. 6

Jennie was busy organizing Lisa's desk. Her boss was in a conference meeting with some of the board members of the company. She stopped throwing crumpled note pad to the bin when she saw a picture on her desk.

It was their picture together, she smiled as she remembered the day they took it. It was Lisa's graduation day.  She turned around the picture and saw a little note on the left bottom corner of it.

'les yeux de nini' she reads and left a big question on her mind what does Lisa mean on her note.

She panicked when someone opens the door and placed the picture of them in her pocket. "Good evening, Mr Manoban" Jennie greeted with a bow the moment she said Lisa's father on the door.

He looked around trying to search for her daughter, and look straight to Jennie when he failed to search for her. "She's in the conference meeting, sir. It will be finished for 10 minutes according to her schedule, would you like some refreshments while waiting for her?"

He kept his serious face and didn't answer her before sitting on one of Lisa's guest chair. "I'm good, don't mind me," He said with low tone.

He was known for being strict to his employees and to her children. And Jennie takes a deep breath before trying to leave, she felt terrified with his superiority vibe. A total opposite of Lisa, soft-hearted towards Jennie.

"Could you stay for a while?" Mr Manoban said with his firm voice without looking at Jennie. He pointed at the seat in front of him. "Take a seat, Jennie,  we need to talk"

Her knees trembled as she takes her seat in front of the father of her boss. She tried to look at his eyes. She gulped when she didn't see any emotion on him.

"I don't like you," He said a few seconds after Jennie took her seat. "Though, thank you for saving my daughter back then.  But I don't like you" He said with a harsh tone.

Jennie smiled bitterly before looking down. "I'm so—"

"My daughter adores you so much,  and I don't like it. That she's willing to give you anything" Jennie was shocked with his confession. "Don't act like you don't know that Lisa is head over heels for you?"

"She is?!" Jennie asked and raised her voice at him.  She composed herself before apologizing to her behaviour. "I'm sorry, I didn't know that, sir"

"She is since you two were young. I know because she's my daughter" He said. "But don't get your hopes up" He added. "You two can't be together"

A pain on Jennie's eyes was seen by Lisa's father. "Accept it, Jennie, people will think you're using her for money. She's your boss, and you're not even a college graduate" Her father smirked.

"We were financially unstable at that time, sir. And I need to work for my family" She said with a hint of anger in her tone.

"Exactly, you both have a huge gap on your status in this society" He paused before fixing his tie. "I hate to say this,  but you two can't be together," He said firmly while looking at her eyes.

Her tears fell on her cheeks as she listened to the harsh words from Mr Manoban.

"Do you understand that, Kim?" Mr Manoban repeated what he said and asked Jennie one more time. "Is that clear?"

Jennie clenched her fist before nodding at his order. "Yes sir" She nodded and saw a smile on his lips.

"Good," He said before standing up on his chair. "Tell Lisa that her loving father visited. And keep this conversation to yourself" He said once again before marching to the door and leave Lisa's office.

That's when Jennie started crying hard. Her ego was crushed with all the words from Lisa's father.

Jennie bitterly smiled as she stares at Lisa's graduation picture. And took a deep breath before leaving the elevator.

She was the only person at the office since she arrived earlier than the others.

She quickly went to Lisa's office. Jennie placed a folder on Lisa's desk she didn't want to see Lisa because she knows that the younger girl would initiate and tell her how she feels.

"Stop making it hard for me not to fall in love with you deeper" She whispered. "I wish I can tell you but I can't" She paused. "I love you" She smiled before turning back to her desk.

She was startled with a knock outside Lisa's office.

Lisa smiled as she was greeted by her employees on the way to her office. She glanced over Jennie's table but she didn't saw her. 'Maybe she still avoiding me' her thoughts made her sad.

She uses an intercom to reach Jennie for the presentation she needed for later. But Jennie didn't answer, she tried it a few times but she didn't answer.

She was about to go to her desk but she stopped when she saw Jisoo on her doorway standing.

"Have you seen Jennie?" Lisa asked. But Jisoo smiled weakly at her.

"She left," She said and Lisa frowned hearing what her sister said. "About hours ago, and don't go after her" She added.

"What?  You saw her leave and did not even stop her?" She asked while shouting. Jisoo pushed Lisa in her office since she's making a scene. "Don't try to stop me, I'm going after her?" She said and was about to march out but Jisoo blocked her way.

"She left her resignation letter on your—"

"I don't fucking care about her resignation," She said.

"Just fucking read it" Jisoo snapped. "For once, I'm ordering you as your older sister. Just do what I say" Jisoo said.

Lisa went to her desk and grabbed the folder and opened it. Jisoo was right it was her resignation letter.

Ms Lisa Manoban,

I've attached my formal resignation letter after behind this letter. I wanted you to read this first to know the reasons for my sudden action.

I'll make this quick and short. Recently, you've confessed your love for me.  And I'm sorry for rejecting how you feel. It's not that I don't believe it or don't like it, the truth is, I love you too,  Lisa. It's hard not to fall in love with you every damn time. But we can't be together, and that's the sad truth.

I'm resigning today because I can't be work to you while having my feelings towards you.  I can't keep it my feelings to you anymore.

I'll move away, don't come looking for me and chase me. I'll come back and be the person that you deserve. I'll promise that. 

-Jennie.

End

***

It's been a while...