71 - The day before christmas (pt.1)

Wherein Jennie and Lisa fought the day before Christmas.

***

December season came, where everyone is receiving and giving gifts. The song of Christmas carols plays everywhere on street.

But not on Jennie and Lisa's household.

The neighbourhood heard how loud they scream, shouting, fighting, and arguing about their relationship. It's not actually just in December, but they've been hearing the fight of two couple for the whole year now.

"What the fuck is wrong, with you again?" Jennie shouted and throws the gift that she bought for Lisa on the ground.

She gave it earlier before Christmas, since she may not be home on Christmas, where they'll be doing their annual gift giving.

"Jennie you the one that's wrong, and you can't accept it" Lisa countered and pointed at Jennie in anger.

"How come that I'm the one that's wrong here, Lisa?" Jennie asked and crossed her arms. "Tell me" She dares.

"Jennie, it's fucking Christmas. It supposed to be our day" Lisa explains calmly. "I haven't seen you this whole December, Jennie. And we already agreed that we'll be celebrating it together. Now you want to cancel plans?" Lisa said trying to be rational.

"Lisa, it's work. What do you want me to do? Lose my client?" She asked standing on her argument.

"Jennie, you'll be gone for God knows what time. And I'm here asking for one day, to celebrate our Christmas together" Lisa sighed in defeat, she never wants to win the argument. "Is that hard to give?"

"You're saying that easily, to let your work go because you're not the one feeding this household," Jennie said because of anger.

Lisa bit her lips with the pain she felt on Jennie's words.

She scratches her head and massages her hair trying to look for a way to calm Jennie down.

"This won't work, I'll be heading outside for some fresh air," Lisa said and sighed before heading out the door without hearing anything from Jennie.

Lisa found herself at one of the tables in Jisoo's restaurant, her friend. Jisoo raised her brow at Lisa drank her glass of beer right away when she has it in her hands.

"Slowly, you little puking machine. I'm not gonna clean you mess" Jisoo said and furrowed her eyebrows at Lisa. "I'm not even gonna ask if you two fought again. Is that this about her work?" She asked.

"No" Lisa simply said and pour another bottle on her glass. "It's about my work" She added.

"What's wrong with it?" Jisoo asked curiously. "I mean, she's okay with it, right? She always said back in the days that she support you?"

"Apparently not, that's what I also thought," Lisa said while heaving for a deep sigh. "If only I can earn more to support her, then maybe she'll accept it as my real job," she said with a sad smile.

"You know you can, right?" Jisoo suggested. "If only you accepted Mina's offer, it's a good offer, Lisa. You'll get to do what you love the most, and a high salary, plus you got to work with Mina" Lisa smiled but shakes her head.

"Mina is my ex" Lisa formed a small smile. "I can't work with her" Lisa added.

"But you two broke up like, a thousand years ago?"

"But I promise Jennie" Lisa paused. "I promised her that I'll never talk to Mina again. You know how she gets jealous over her, I don't want her to get jealous" She continues.