42 - Repay (Thief pt. 3)

Lisa came back from Jennie's house that she used to call home. Outside Jisoo's studio, a red unfamiliar car was parked outside. Lisa thought it was one of Jisoo clients.

Lisa takes a deep breath, she doesn't know how to face Jisoo after what happened a while ago with Jennie. 

When she went out of her car she saw Jisoo smiling sweetly from the door of her studio.  The same smile that she gave to Lisa when Lisa was crying herself out.  Lisa felt more guilty because of what she did today. Jisoo doesn't deserve to get hurt.

"You're back," Jisoo said while smiling. "I'm glad you're finally back" Jisoo added before giving Lisa a tight hug. 

When Jisoo pulled away from their hug, she notices a tear escaped from her eyes. "Someone wants to talk to you," Jisoo said and held Lisa's hand to enter her office.

The moment the door open, Lisa saw a familiar face, her heart aches to see her for the second time. The red hair girl smiled at her weakly. "We've met before," Chaeyoung said while looking at her direction. "Do you still remember me?" Chaeyoung asked while giggling to ease the tension.

"Of course..." Lisa softly answered. Who wouldn't remember one of the causes of her heartbreak? "Chaeyoung right?" Lisa asked her. And she nodded as a response.

"I'll leave her to you Chaeyoung," Jisoo said and gives Lisa a little push before closing the door.

Silence surrounded the area for few minutes. Until Chaeyoung asked her to sit to make her more comfortable.

"I know this is a bit awkward, but I'm here to talk about Jennie," Chaeyoung said. 

"I don't want talk about Jennie" Lisa answered and was about to walk out but Chaeyoung held her hand.

"She loves you. She still does" With those words Lisa's heart starts beating loudly. "Jennie and I already on the bottom rock of our relationship when you came. We decided long ago to have our divorce, but it didn't happen since she got mad at me"

"Don't—"

"When my lover broke up with me, I came back to ruin Jennie's life, her new life with you"

"Stop—"

"It's all my fault, Lisa. I'm sorry, forgive me for everything. But Jennie didn't deserve all the pain"

"I said stop!" Lisa shouted and removed her hands on her. Tears are falling on her eyes hearing Jennie's truth. She declined to listen to any excuses that Jennie have. "I don't want to hear any more from you"

Lisa wipes her tears. But her tears won't stop falling on her eyes.

"Just leave, Chaeyoung," Lisa said while crying.

Chaeyoung leaves Lisa's sight. After she left, Lisa found herself on the floor while crying and hugging her knees. She tucked her head on her knees. It's been a year since that day happened but everything felt the same. The pain, the wound that they left on Lisa still felt fresh from her.

She slowly looked up when someone slowly caressing her hair. She found Jisoo smiling at her so widely.

"I'm sorry for bringing her here," Jisoo said and cupped Lisa's small face. "I thought you needed to hear her side. No, you really need to hear her side" Jisoo said with a cracked voice and wipes Lisa's tears with her thumb.

"I love you, Lisa," Jisoo said while trying not to cry. "But I need to let you go" she added.

"But—" Jisoo cut Lisa off.

"No, Lisa, listen. It's not me it's you.  Even though you tell me you love me, it feels so empty. You're not being honest with yourself, Lisa" Jisoo let go of Lisa's face to wipe her tears. "You keep denying that you don't feel anything to Jennie at all. You're not facing the problem, you keep running away from it"

Lisa looked down and cry hearing Jisoo's words. She was right, she's always right. She cries even harder realizing how much she hurts Jisoo.

"I thought I can move on from her" Lisa mumbled. "I'm sorry," Lisa said.

Jisoo's heart breaks into pieces with her confession. But she still smiles and held Lisa's chin to make her look at her.

"I'll forgive you for hurting me, but forgive me for letting you go," Jisoo said. "I'll forgive you for trying to move on from her, but forgive me for not doing my best to replace her in your heart" Jisoo added. "I'll forgive you for crying and calling her name at night when you sleep,  but forgive me for giving up on you to bring back your smile" Jisoo finally said before placing a kiss on her forehead.

"If I can forgive you, maybe you can forgive her too," Jisoo said after she kissed Lisa's forehead. Lisa nods before giving Jisoo and tight hug. 

Before heading to Jennie's house, Lisa went to the same convenience store where they met. A small smile formed on her lips when she imagined Jennie on the exact place where they take their seat.

Lisa brought the same exact coffee that Jennie was drinking. The place brings back a lot of memories with Jennie.

Lisa gulped when she stands at the front door of Jennie's house. Today at her place she was very sure of giving their love another chance.

She pushed the doorbell with her elbow since she's holding up a two cup of coffee.

Jennie was shocked seeing Lisa holding a two cup while smiling at her. She was so sure that Lisa hates her the last time she was here. Jennie didn't notice the tear on her eyes fall just by seeing her again.

"I know it's a little too late for this, but let me repay the coffee on that day," Lisa said while handling Jennie the other cup of coffee.

When Jennie accepted her offer, Lisa offers her free hand to a handshake. "Hi, I'm Lisa, and you are?" She said.

"What is this, Lisa? I thought—"

"Let's give us another chance, Jennie," Lisa said and that made Jennie cry even harder. "Hi,  I'm Lisa, and you are?" Lisa repeats Jennie wipes her tears before accepting her handshake.

"I'm Jennie, I'm a policewoman, and I'm arresting you for stealing my heart," Jennie said while sobbing and giggling at the same time. Lisa laughs with her.

She missed seeing Jennie smile and so does Jennie.

It may take them years to give each other the second chance that they deserve. But being away from each other gives them time to be matured enough to be with each other again. 

End

***

Hello I'm so sorry for the slow update I'm really out of ideas and motivation to write but here you go everyone. Hope you enjoy it.