85 - Airplane

Wherein Lisa and Jennie are a plane partner

***

Jennie lazily dragging herself inside the airport with her one black luggage. She's in her way home, to Korea.

Her company asked her to work on their branch in Thailand. And after weeks of working, it's her time to go back home.

She's been doing travelling since she started her career at the company she works for. And flying on planes was just another day for her.

She sighed the moment she feels that her back is rested on her chair. "Finally" She murmured. Jennie place her pillow around her neck, she's on economy class. Not her usual seat but she managed to accept it.

She was about to plug her airpods on her ears, she noticed a girl that seems lost.

Jennie checked the girl out from head to her toe. The girl was wearing a white sneaker, old denim pants and an oversized hoodie. She was also hugging her Celine bag. Jennie smiled when she saw the blonde girl pouting while looking around.

Jennie searched for a Flight attendant to assist her but they were busy to assist other people.

"Are you lost?" Jennie asked. The girl looked at her and nodded shyly. "Let me see," She said and pointed at her ticket. "It was next to mine," Jennie said as she reads the number of her seat and pats the empty seat beside her.

The girl took her seat without letting go of her bag. Jennie observed her and she noticed how terrified the girl was.

"First time?" Jennie asked with a smile. She isn't usually nice to strangers, especially if she doesn't have a good sleep, like today. But she remembered her first time on an aeroplane.

"Yeah, and I watched many horror films about Plane Crash," The girl said and pouts. Jennie giggled with her expression.

"Don't worry they have parachutes, it will be fun having sky diving" Jennie joked but the girl didn't laugh. Instead, she was about to cry.

"I don't know how to do sky diving," She said in a cracked voice. Jennie quickly caressed her back to prevent her from crying.

"Hey, I'm just kidding. Trust the pilot, we will arrive at Korea safely" Jennie giggled and assured her that's she's safe.

When the girl calmed down, she offered her hand at her. "Jennie" She introduced herself. The girl smiled and accepted her hand.

"Lalisa Monaban" She said and cheerfully gave her a sweet smile.

When the pilot said to fasten their seat belt, Jennie saw how Lisa tightly gripping on her bag. Jennie grabs her one hand and squeezes it before giving her a small smile.

When the signal is off, Jennie helped Lisa to loosen up the belt. Lisa smiled and thanked her.

"Why are you flying to Korea?" Lisa asked.

"It's my home," Jennie said. She saw nods that Lisa made. "How about you?" She asked her back.

Lisa smiled at her, "It's my home" She said, that made Jennie raised her eyebrow at her.

"But it's your first time flying right? How come it's your home?" She asked again.

"Home isn't about the place, it's about the feeling that you're home" Lisa explained. "A feeling where your heart feels that it's safe and a feeling of contentment" She added. "It can be a person who can make you feel like home," she said.

"Visiting a family member?" Jennie asked. Lisa cheerfully nodded at her. Jennie likes how her smile can influence her to smile as well. "How long since you saw your family?" She asked.

"Almost a year since I last saw her," Lisa said.

Jennie smiled at the thought how lovable daughter she is.

"How about you?" Lisa paused. "Where's your home?" She asked looking straight to her eyes.

Making her realized how she didn't feel home at any place she went. Nor every person she met. Nobody made her feel like home.

"Nowhere" She whispered to herself, but luckily Lisa didn't hear it. "I haven't found it yet," Jennie said and smiled at Lisa.

"How was your stay at Thailand?" Lisa asked starting a new conversation with her.

"Thailand is amazing, your food is great," Jennie said complementing the first thing came on her mind when talking about Thailand.

The whole ride on the plane, they just started talking random things that came on her mind. Even Jennie was surprised that she was so comfortable talking to a stranger which she never did before. But with Lisa, it was different, she felt like she knew the girl for so long.

Jennie never liked a social interaction with a stranger but Lisa changes her perspective about it.

And as for Lisa, she forgot how nervous she was all throughout the ride with Jennie, she made her so comfortable riding the plane.

"Welcome to Korea" Jennie cheerfully said and showing Lisa the Incheon Airport. The other girl giggled.

"Thanks for the ride, Nini" Lisa winked and teased Jennie. She even opened up how her close friends called her Nini when they were young, and Lisa insisted that she'll be calling her that.

"Thanks to the pilot for not crashing the plane," She said and giggled. "Is this our goodbye?" Jennie asked.

But she knew in herself that she wanted to get to know Lisa more. The whole ride wasn't enough for her.

"Well, I hope I can see you around?" Lisa asked. Jennie nodded as her response. "Then see you around partner" Lisa said while winking at her and waved her goodbye.

Jennie waved back at her before Lisa proceed to the exit. When Lisa vanished from Jennie sight, her smile fades.

She was afraid to get her number yet she wanted to get to see the girl. But she never asked for someone's number, they give it to her automatically.

After a few seconds of contemplating, Jennie groans, "Fuck it" She whispered before following Lisa to the exit.

She smiled when she remembered how Lisa talks about how home, maybe she can be her home. That's what running on her mind while walking outside the airport.

"Lisa!" Jennie shouted at Lisa when she saw her outside. She quickly turned her head at Jennie. "There you are," she said.

Lisa smiled at her and looked at the girl beside her, Jennie raised her eyebrow at Lisa and the other girl.

"I'm sorry, she was waiting outside so I needed to go to the exit soon" Lisa giggled and explained. Jennie's smile fades when she noticed that Lisa was holding her hand. "Jennie, meet my wife, Jisoo," She said and introduced the girl beside her.

'It was her wife, not her mother' Jennie thought when she realized that she thought earlier that she was visiting mother.

Jisoo smiled at her and offered her hands, Jennie slowly accepted it. "Nice to meet you," Jisoo said and Jennie only nods at her.

"I have to go home," Jennie said and stuttered.

"Let us drive you" Lisa offered but Jennie turned her head at them.

"I'm good thanks," She said raising her thumb as an okay sign and walk as fast as she can away from Lisa, her plane partner that she thought can make her feel like home.

"Maybe I'll find my home soon" Jennie whispered to herself trying not to get hurt with what happened.

***

An update since Blackpink is on their way to manila. I'm actually panicking right now.

See you all tomorrow!!