38 - Winter (Weather pt. 2)

Another cold weather without Jennie.

***

Lisa rubs her hands together to make heat and put it in her ears to ease the cold that the weather brings.

She took a deep breath before going out of the store. It's snowing outside but she needs to run some errands for dinner.

She diverts her mind thinking of hot chocolate late milk drink. "Just a few more blocks" Lisa whispered as she trembles walking down the street.

Another year has passed when Jennie left. And Lisa used to experiencing the cold weather alone. She never expected Jennie to come back anymore.

Lisa bitterly smiled when she opened the door of her house to find no one was waiting for her.

"You're back!"

Lisa weakly smiled remembering how Jennie always gives her hugs and kisses when she got home.

Lisa weakly smiled while she prepares her dinner as she remembers how Jennie prepare their dinner.

She remembered how happy Jennie while she cooks their dinner. "I miss your gummy smile" Lisa softly whispered. She quickly wipes the tear that falls on her cheeks.

After eating in quietly, Lisa prepared herself to sleep. As she lays her back on her bed she glanced at her side where Jennie used to sleep.

Her tears started to fall when an illusion of Jennie sleeping showed up.

"You thought me everything, Jennie. You made me love you effortlessly" Lisa sobs whole wiping her nonstop tears away. "How can I unlove you, Jennie? So I won't feel this pain anymore. So I can stop myself believing that you'll be back again?"

Lisa cried hard that night, that made her eyes swollen on the next morning. She slowly sits on her bed and glanced at the window it was snowing hard.

She stands up and marked her calendar an X sign for another day without Jennie. It's almost Christmas yet her home still feels so empty.

The day before Christmas, Lisa decided to decorate her house with some Christmas decor. She decided to put a small Christmas tree on her living room. 

Lisa writes Jennie's name on her wish list before putting it in the Christmas tree. Lisa smiled while looking at her three, it's small but still cute. 

"I wish Santa will give my wish to see you again, Jennie" Lisa's smile fades and a tear falls on her eyes. "Spending another Christmas without you sucks" Lisa giggles while wiping her tears away.

Lisa went out to have last minute shopping for her Christmas Eve celebration. 

She stops when someone bumped her shoulder. "Careful," Lisa said without looking at the girl who bumped her.

She froze when she smells the girl scent who passed by her. She turned around to see a familiar figure.

Lisa followed the girl but she vanished from her eyes. "It's Jennie" Lisa whispered. She was so sure that the girl who bumps her was Jennie.

Lisa searches around the shopping district, and she stopped on the park. She smiled widely when she saw Jennie sitting in one of the park benches under the mistletoe from the tree.

Her tears flow as she approached Jennie. But she stops midway when a girl approached her and hug her.

Lisa watches how Jennie happily hugged the other girl back.  Lisa bit her lips to stop herself from crying.

"You don't need my warmth anymore" Lisa whispered when the two of them pulled away from the hug. 

The girl points the mistletoe above their head, Jennie playfully smiles and cupped the other girl's face before kissing her.

Lisa wipes her tears before turning her head around. "You don't need me anymore" Lisa whispered.

She drives herself to her house crying. "Merry Christmas to me" Lisa whispered in her car crying.

That night where everyone spends their Christmas happily. Lisa spends her holiday alone in her house, crying.

Lisa never felt the warmth again because Jennie never came back to her.

***

What's next?