28 - Act (Pretend pt. 2)

In Jennie's POV

***

"You two will act as a lover in front of the camera. It's a publicity act to boost both of your popularity" Their management said to Lisa and Jennie at the meeting room.

Jennie secretly smiled when she heard the news from their management. Being with Lisa, her crush for a long time,  made her heart flutters.

Even though it was just an act,  Jennie is okay with that as long as she's with Lisa.

She turns her head on Lisa's direction, to see Lisa has been frowning at their management decision.

'Does she hates being with me?' She asked herself, and form a sad smile.

"Don't worry, it's just pretending. We don't need to be real" Jennie said, and every word she says hurts her too. But she doesn't want Lisa to feel the pressure for pretending to be her lover. And by looking at Lisa's look she knows she hates it.

Lisa nods at Jennie before forcing herself to smile.

"I know,  don't worry about it," Lisa said. Jennie smiles sweetly at Lisa to make her smile too but in her mind, she's already sobbing.

'She hates it'

"So you mean you're being paired up with Lisa? Like the Lisa? Your crush?" Jisoo, her best friend asked on the other line.

Jennie squealed and hugged her pillow tighter. "They wanted us to pretend lovers in front of the camera," Jennie said. 

"That's... Risky, jendeuk" Jisoo commented. Jennie smiled fades and turns into a sad smile. "You like her"

"I know, but I'm an actress and I can act that I'm okay even though I'm not" Lisa's image flash on her mind. The way Lisa frowned at the decision of their management still hurts her.

Jennie grabs the opportunity to feel what it feels like being Lisa's girlfriend in front of everyone.

And it made her heart really happy,  it made Jennie really happy. She fell when she's not supposed too,  but she fell in love with Lisa.

Lisa's sweet gesture, made her feel that she's special. How Jennie wish that their relationship becomes real. She wishes in every shooting star, to have the brightest star,  Lisa.

But when they're alone together, Lisa always tries to distance herself with Jennie. It hurts Jennie but she didn't show Lisa.

'She really does hates me'

On the awards night that Jennie and Lisa will attend. Jennie can't help but to admire Lisa's beauty, she looks good at every colour but Jennie finds Lisa most attractive when she wears white.

'Don't drool, but damn she's a goddess' Jennie remind herself while they

Jennie held Lisa's hands while they walk on the red carpet.  Jennie secretly smiled when she feels Lisa soft hands on her.

'Calm the down,  Jennie's She reminds her heart to stop beating fast. She always reminds her heart every time she touches Lisa. Because might hear her heart.

The press asked if she's enjoying the night. She smiled meaningfully and quickly glanced at their hands.

"I do, especially because I'm with Lisa" Jennie answer. And look at Lisa's eyes and Lisa stares at her too.

'Don't stare too much, I might melt' Jennie thought when Lisa meets her eyes.

When Lisa was asked about Jennie's appearance. Jennie's heart starting beating fast while waiting for her answer.

"She's very beautiful tonight" With those simple words Jennie's heart almost explodes. "Very Very... Beautiful" Lisa added. Jennie tries to hide her smile when Lisa blushed.

As soon as they enter the venue, Jennie still imagines how Lisa said she looks beautiful tonight,  that made her blushed and hides her smile.

'Let me dream just tonight' Jennie said to herself.

Jennie walks behind Lisa's back when they walk on the entrance of the airport.

She admired Lisa's perfect proportion.   'Is she warm?' Jennie asked herself, without her noticing her body automatically gets close to Lisa. Her she wraps her arms around Lisa's waist. Jennie buries her face and smiled. 'She's warm' Jennie said to her self.

Jennie let go of the hug and looks at Lisa's hands. She wants to feel Lisa's soft hand on her. So she intertwined her hand on Lisa. 

She was about to smile at Lisa but Jennie saw the shocked face plastered on Lisa's face.

'She didn't like it' Jennie thought.

When they're all alone now.  Jennie let go of Lisa's hands. She didn't want Lisa to hate her.  She walk alone with looking back at Lisa,  she feels embarrassed when she holds her hands without Lisa's consent.

'She really hates me' She said to herself.

"So what if you'll do a kissing scene with her?" Jisoo asked on the other line.  Jennie was in the cubicle on their filming and calling Jisoo because she's really nervous.

"Just come here and bring me food, I know I'll fail this one too" Jisoo giggles on the other line before hanging up on Jennie. 

'Don't be nervous' Jennie remind herself before closing her eyes. Her heart feels that it's going to explode.

Moments later, Jennie felt Lisa's soft lips on hers. The person she's been dreaming of is kissing her.

Jennie knows it's only just a kiss but she wants more from Lisa. Jennie wants Lisa more.

She was shocked when Lisa deepen the kiss. It feels like a fantasy to Jennie,  she responded to her kisses. She has been dreaming of kissing Lisa, her soft plump lips, now becoming a reality.

"And cut!" Their director said, waking Jennie from her dream. She didn't want to but she slowly pulled away from their kiss.

She opened her eyes and she sees Lisa was blushing. 'Hold yourself, Jennie. She might find out' Jennie remind herself not to be too obvious.

Jennie notice that Lisa has been so quiet after the kiss.

'She didn't like it' Jennie concluded to herself.

"You did great out there," Jennie said when they're finally alone in their dressing room. "I'm sure the fans would love that"

'I love that too' she wants to add but she can't.

Jennie giggles but Lisa didn't smile. Jennie forms a sad smile on her mind. 

'She didn't like it' Jennie again concluded based on Lisa's expression. She holds the tears about to fall on her eyes. She can't cry in front of her.

Lisa stares into her eyes,  and Jennie panicked. Lisa might see her true feeling if she'll look at her eyes.

'Jennie act as if you don't feel anything. She might've noticed you' Jennie remind herself and did her best not to be obvious on how she really feel for Lisa.

She thanked the person who knocks on the door because it breaks their eye contact.

She forced smiled when she saw Jisoo on the door holding her food. Jisoo knows exactly what her smile means. Jennie was hurt at the moment and she wanted to cry.

The moment Lisa left the room, she hugs Jisoo. Jisoo caresses her back and Jennie started crying hard.

'She doesn't like me at all' Jennie concluded her tears are falling non-stop

Their movie should be a romance comedy, but Jennie finds herself crying on her best friend shoulder.

*

What sequel should I do next?