Khade Hynkle Is Special

"Mijo, go put this inside" my mom handed me a mini statue of R2-D2.

"What? Mom do you know who this Is? It's R2-D2! How are we going to keep him from all the fun?" In actuality I just didn't want to put it inside cause I'm lazy.

"Put it inside." She shoved it in my arms and went back to decorating. I did as I was told and made my way inside from the backyard. I had to pass through the kitchen and saw Josh making red and blue punch. There were also a few watermelons and pineapple waiting to be cut.

Today is July 4th, and my mom is having a party. She inviting everyone as usual and, as usual there will be unsupervised alcohol. I set the statue down in my room next to my book shelf (that I use for video games instead of books. So it's a video game shelf?) I accidentally bumped against the book shelf and knocked a few down. How did that even happen! Ugh i hate my life. I knelt down and started picking them up, but stopped when I got to a copy of Goblins Vs Aliens. On the cover in black Sharpie was written 'Edgar was (x) gang gang Nick is a loser :P'

I remember Edgar wrote this to piss me off, and I acted the part for a few moments before pretending to get over it. When in reality I was never upset, in fact I cherished this game for so very long because of his writing.

I miss him. I may not have romantic feelings for him anymore, but he's my best friend, and has been since I was eight. I wonder if mom invited his family. She has no idea about what's going on with Edgar and I.

"NICK GET DOWN HEREEE!" My mom yelled. I got startled and dropped the video games again, but this time didn't bother to pick them up, and instead went back downstairs to finish decorating.

***

"Its beautiful!" Mom cheered once we were finished decorating. Tables were set out and covered in red, blue and white. The punch bowls and food were all inside so flies didn't get them, and there were colorful lights and tins more cute 4th of July decorations laid out thanks to Josh, who's actually the crafty one in the family.

"Woo this looks awesome!" Noah walked in with Alfie in one arm and shirts in the other.

"Josh did an amazing job" mom hugged Josh and kissed his cheek. He made a face but didn't say anything. He was totally a mommas boy.

***

"Heyyy handsome" I slurred and leaned on Khade. We were in the kitchen while everyone else was in the back. I had a few drinks in me.

"Haha Hey yourself" he smiled at me so wide that his eyes closed.

"Wahhhh you're so cute! How do you even like me" I sighed while taking a other drink.

"You're cute!"

"Stop your lies!" I pointed a finger at him and got angry. He looked at my finger and then sucked on it. I gasped and pulled back. That was hot, oh my god Nick please don't get hard, please don't get hard- annnnd I'm hard.

"I-I'M going to the bathroom!" I quickly bolted out of the kitchen. Guess what though? Someone was in the bathroom!

"Helllo?-" I knocked on the door "stranger person please hurry!!" I cried..I needed this boner GONE. I was just going to rinse off my body in cold water. The door finally opened and out came Edgar. Boner = gone.

"N-Nick" he stuttered.

"Heyyyo" I slurred and smiled.

"Are you drunk?"

"Just a little"

"Do you need to pee?"

"No"

"Oh"

"Yeah" he scratched his left cheek, something he did whenever he was nervous.

"I really regret what happened that day. I'm sorry"

"Its Khade you should be apologizing to, not me"

"I don't care if Khade forgives me"

"Well I do!-" I stomped my foot "-because h-hes really special to me, and you're special to me too, and I don't want my two special people not liking each other" Edgar pulling me into a right hug. He smelled like fancy spices or something, I don't know I can't describe it, it's been a while since I've smelled him- wow Nick you're creepy.

"I miss you" he said once he let go.

"I miss you too. You're my best friend" he smiled slightly.

"We should get back to the party"

"I actually gotta pee now, so I'll meet you down there"

"Coolio" he started to walk off but I grabbed his arm to say one more thing.

"Please make things right with Khade. I-I really like him, and I wouldn't want to be around the person who beat up my Khade and didn't apologize"

"Haha yes Nick, I'll apologize" I smiled.

"Yay! I'm going to pee now"

***

"So Edgar apologized to me" Khade told me. We were outside sitting alone together at a far table. My mom was playing Jenni Rivera and dancing with Khades mom, which eventually led to everyone dancing minus Khade and I.

"That's awesome" I smiled at him.

"I really hate him, but he's your best friend so I'll play nice. He better not try anything though"

"What do you mean?"

"Nothing, I'm just a jealous guy" I leaned on his shoulder.

"Why would you be jealous? My heart only beats faster when you're around"

"Aww I know you were trying to be cute but that also sounds life threatening and you should get that checked out" I got off his shoulder and shoved him playfully.

"You're a mood killer"

"Or am I secretly a mood maker?"

"Nope, mood killer" the sound of a firework going off caught both Khade and I attention. We looked up at the sky and watched it light up in colors. From under the table Khade wrapped his hand in mind and lifted my hand to his face and kissed my knuckles softly.

"Happy 4th Nick" he smiled at me, and it might have been the alcohol or feelings, or both, but the fireworks made Khades smile more handsome, and soft.

"Happy 4th Khade" I smiled back.