Khade Hynkle is trying his best

I stayed silent for a while after Khade told me everything. I felt a lot of things.

Anger

Disgust

Sadness

Confusion

"Are you mad at me?" Khade asked. His voice cracked, and his eyes were filling with tears. I sighed.

"Yes, I am mad at you" I leaned my head on his shoulder "but I think.. I think i'll get over it. No more secrets okay?"

"I promise" I didn't know if I believed him, and that killed me.

"Khade, you need to tell your parents"

"W-Why?" I took my head off his shoulder and glared at him.

"Why? because Ally is not mentally stable. S-She needs to be put in a hospital or something"

"What if she lies and says I hit her? or what if no one believes me and-"

"I believe you, and so will your mom..." I bit my lip before continuing " Don't you want Ally to be okay?" Khade sighed

"Yeah.. I really do want her to be okay"

"Then, do what's right."

"C-Can I hold you" I glared at him and scoffed.

"I'm still mad at you"

"I know.. but it's been so long.. please, just for tonight" I noticed his hands were shaking, and he looked pale and tired. So, like the whipped idiot I am, I let him hold me. His marshmallow scent made me feel better, and I didn't realize how much I missed him hugging me until now. I don't think I can live my life happy if he never hugged me again.

I debated not telling Khade about all the things I learned today, but I would have felt guilty. I told him about Teryn, and Damon.. and even Edgar. Khade just stayed silent and listened to me. I don't know what he was thinking.

"Are you mad?"

"No, why would I be?"

"Because of what Edgar told me.."

"It's annoying yeah, but I'm not mad"

"Why?"

"Well, because despite you being angry at me; you still came back to me" He hugged me significantly tighter "I've never felt this way with anyone else Nick, I mean it; and I don't think I want to feel this way about anyone else"

"Stop being sappy, I'm still angry" He chuckled.

"Nick?"

"Hm?"

"I'm in love with you"

When Khade fell asleep, I went home. Usually, i'd sleepover but then he's think everything was okay. Things were definitely not okay. Yeah, I was upset about him still hanging out with Ally, but I was angrier that he kept all these secrets to himself. He allowed himself to go through such stress and traumatic events alone; that idiot thinks he can't ask anyone for help; and thats what pisses me off.

---

The next day, Khade told his parents. He asked me to be there with him, and I agreed.

His mom looked at her son with wide eyes. She stood up from her seat and wobbled over to her son. She stared at him with wide tear filled eyes; Khade couldn't even look at his mom, and stared at the floor instead. She covered her mouth with her hand and started breathing heavily. Her breathes turned into tears, and her tears turned into sobs as she held her son. She wrapped her arms tightly around him and sobbed telling him it was going to be okay. Khades dad, Philly, called Allys grandparents. Khade wanted to be there when they explained everything but his parents refused. They said he's been through enough unnecessary events.