Khade Hynkle Is Alien Romeo

"You look cute" I held a fist in front of my mouth hoping to cover my smirk. Khade tore off his peacock feather hat and stopped his foot, turning to the assistant director.

"Melony I don't want to wear the hat!" He complained. Black eyes glared at me. Melony walked over to me, she was shorter than 5 feet and had dark hair put into box braids. She stopped in front of me and lifted her megaphone in front of my face.

"Nick stop laughing at Khade!" The megaphone was full volume which made me cringe and close my ears. Melony turned around and raised it to face Khade.

"Put your hat back on! Set four!" everyone scattered around to their places. I walked backstage to get ready to set up for the next set. Our school's drama club was preparing for their seasonal play "Romeo and Juliet" but instead of the William Shakespeare version that we all know, our director decided to change the whole script. Romeo (acted by my boyfriend Khade) and Juliet (some drama girl who always gets the lead roles) were still forbidden to love each other, but only because Romeo is an alien and Juliet is an elven princess. I helped Khade with his lines so I've read the whole script and I think it deserves a Grammy.

Today was my first day helping with the play, I was just helping set up scenes. Nate begged me last minute to help out and I ended up agreeing, mainly because I heard girls flirt with Khade during practice so my crazy self wants to gather enough evidence so it's justified when I kill them.

"Wow, crew worker of the year!" Nate and Jake came out from behind the curtain and clapped at the sight of me wheeling around a cart full of props.

"Shouldn't you be practicing?" I asked them

"Mercutio isn't needed until Act 5 and my character was just violently killed by Juliet" Nate informed me.

"How's moving carts going?" Jake asked me. I shrugged my shoulders.

"It's an easy job" I smiled.

"See I told him he was fine!" Nate patted Jakes back with a sigh of relief. I raised a brow.

"Why wouldn't I be fine? they're just carts"

"Nate thought that you would be upset cause he thought you saw that girl bring Khade a heart-shaped box of chocolate" I felt my left eye twitch. My crazy has been activated.

"Haha. What?" I squeezed the balloon I was holding and popped it without meaning to.

"U-Uh... oh they just called set 5! we gotta go, by Nick!" Nate grabbed Jake wrist and I watched them scurry back on stage with their heads down. Once out of view I went over to the curtain and peaked onto the stage. I didn't see anything out of the ordinary; Khade was rehearsing his lines with Jake and everyone stood around watching. A red heart-shaped box of chocolates caught my eye. It was sitting on the far side of the stage next to Khades water bottle.

Which girl was it?! she had to be pretty to even have had the confidence to approach my man. I started checking out all of the girls on stage. Was it you miss bob cut? or you, red T-shirt girl - or perhaps NSYNC shirt girl?! I don't trust anyone who prefers NSYNC over The Backstreet Boys.

BANG CRASH BOOM

The loud crash caused me to jump and turn around. I saw a girl on the ground on top of a spilled cart. I rushed over to her and helped her up.

"Are you okay?" She was small, wore a black knee length skirt, a white tucked in button up shirt and hair chestnut jaw-length hair with big green eyes that were looking at me like I had twelve eyes.

"N-N-Nick!" I raised a brow.

"Have we met?" I asked.

"No! I'm um... I'm Cheryl" she smiled at me. The name instantly rang a bell.