SPECIAL CHAPTER

/.\ so, remember when Noah mentioned that Nick was always hiding from Khade because he didn't want to play and Khade thought they were just playing hide and seek? yeah, you're about to read that! BUT THATS NOT ALL YOU GET, you'll have to read and see what else is going down ;)

11 years ago..

Khade ran through the house, his little legs moving rapidly. He runs into the living room and finds the person he was looking for.

"Micky!" Khade cheered happily at the sight of the boy. Nick was standing in the middle of the living room trying to get the TV to work by pressing a bunch of buttons on the remote; he unknowingly was making things worse.

"It's Nick" The blue-eyed boy corrected. He looked down at the small boy with uninterested eyes.

"Let's play!" Nick scrunched up his nose. Unlike normal five-year-old boys, he didn't like playing physical games, he preferred watching TV and playing on his Atari. Khade, on the other hand, wasn't into any of those things. His five-year-old brain didn't understand technology, and he'd rather play tag.

"Do you want to play Mario?" Nick asked the small boy with big brown eyes.

"Cops and robbers!" Khade cheered. Nick looked off to the side awkwardly, and ran off, leaving Khade alone and confused. The innocent five-year-old boy assumed that Nick was going to hide and Khade would be the one seeking.

"one Mississippi, two Mississippi..." Khade covered his eyes and began counting.

He was never able to find Nick.

Khade doesn't know why he suddenly remembered that moment.

"What are you doing?" Nick asked me.

"Thinking"

"About?" I'm thinking about how I think you should never leave my side. I'm thinking about how You make my heart feel fuzzy. I'm thinking about how much I love waking up next to you when one of us sleeps over. I'm thinking about you're such a good person and don't even realize it. I'm thinking about coming home to you every day, and I'm thinking about how Nick Hynkle sounds like a beautiful name.

"A lot of things"

"Tell me"

Cant"

"WHY?!"

"Too soon" Yeah, its way too soon to tell you that you're the only person I want for the rest of my life. It's too soon to be thinking all of these things while we still haven't even graduated yet, but I can't stop the thoughts or ideas. When I think of wasting my life with you, I can't help but feel happy. I feel best when I'm with you. It's too soon to want to marry you.

"What even does that mean?"

But it's not too soon to love you.