grandma

Instagram @ baepsaebitch

"Halmeoni..why me?" Yoongi sighed, looking at his grandma that waited in the crowd of old people staring back at the mint haired boy. "I'm tired from school and so sleepy. I just came to you the food mom made, so why don't you play it? I really should go home now. Maybe another ti-" "I won't have any of your shit today, Min Yoongi." the old women said, walking closer to her grandson and putting a hand on his shoulder, guiding him to the old wooden piano in one of the big common room. "I missed listening to your music, so you'll play for me and my friends. If you leave now, I might die of a broken heart. Do you want to kill your grandmother, Yoongi?"

The pale boy rolled his eyes at that. There was no way he could escape his grandmother's clutches now. A smile was tugging on his lips when he let her push him onto the chair in front of the piano. That women sure was cunning, Yoongi had always known that he took after his grandma.

"Halmeoni, I know I haven't visited a lot lately, but school is really tough right now." Yoongi complained, turning around to pout at his grandmother. "Let me go home today and I promise I will-" Yoongi stopped in the middle of his sentence though. The men and women sitting on old sofas and chairs started cheering all at once, standing up to greet someone that had just entered through the door.

The orange haired boy was wearing a red and blue sweater, ripped jeans, and a beanie on his head. He held a big basket in his arms, grinning widely at the old people walking up to help him with the heavy thing.

"Jiminie!" Yoongi's grandmother called out, startling him. "It's so nice to see you, sweetheart." The orange haired was free of his basket now turning his head to the direction of her voice. He smiled when he found her, eyes turning into crescents as he ran to them.

" How are you, halmeoni? I hope you're well? I baked cookies for all of you! Even though some of them might be a little burnt, I fell asleep after I took the first plate out. I just-" The old women laughed in amusement and pulled the boy into a suffocating big Yoongi knew too well.

"I'm fine, Jimin," she said, releasing the boy and holding him an arm length away to pinch his chubby cheeks. "Feeling so much better now that I've seen you. Now let me introduce you to my grandson." The orange haired was still running his redden cheeks when he moved his gaze to Yoongi curiously. "This is Yoongi, Jiminie. He's 2 years older than you." his grandmother said, pulling Yoongi from the chair so that they stood next to each other. They were about the same height, Yoongi taller by a bit. "Yoongi this is Park Jimin. He's our friend that visits us a few times a week."

Yoongi was just staring at the other open mouthed when Jimin smiled at him, bowing quickly. "Nice to meet you, hyung."

Jimin's eyes were big and brown, glistening in the orange lights of the lamps, lashes long and dark. His flushed cheeks were just as pink as his lips, nice and full like fresh cherries.

The boy was stunning, Yoongi wanted to die.

The mint haired boy didn't even notice that he had been staring at Jimin without saying anything, until his grandmother gave him a smack on the back that knocked the air out of his lungs. "Is this how I taught you to introduce yourself, Yoongi? We all know that he's pretty. Get that dumb expression off your face and say hello."

Yoongi locked eyes with Jimin for a second, seeing the amusement flickering over the boy's face. He felt the heat rushing into his cheeks when he bowed back, keeping his eyes on he ground.

"Hello, my name is Min Yoongi. Nice to meet you."

"When will the dance start?" one of the women asked from the other side of the room. "Yes, we're getting bored and want to see Jimin dance."

"Will you play for us, halmeoni?" Jimin asked, a soft smile on his lips. His grandmother looked at Yoongi who was staring at Jimin again, a smirk tugging on her lips.

"I can't, Jiminie. My fingers hurt today. That's why I asked Yoongi to play for us, because he's a really talented pianist, you know? But he said that he's busy and will go home now." Jimin looked back at Yoongi, disappointment visible on his face.

"Oh you can't play for us?" he sighed, small shoulders slumping down. "That's such a shame. I would have loved to hear it."
"I-I'll play!" Yoongi basically screamed, making Jimin flinch in surprise. "I dont want to do my homework anyway, so I'm all yours. I-I mean my hands are all yours-no! I didn't mean it that way, I-" Yoongi groaned quietly, burying his face in his hands.

A bright laugh broke the silence of the room. Jimin was chuckling, a wide from on his face.

"You're funny, hyung." he said "Thank you playing for us today."

Yoongi didn't like the way his heart skipped a beat when Jimin smiled at him. Or how his eyes followed the boy dancing from one spot to another while his fingers moved over the piano's keyboard swiftly. The boy's smile grew wider with every new dance partner.

Yoongi definitely didn't like it when his grandmother pushed him off the chair and started playing herself, calling Jimin to make Yoongi dance as well. Well, perhaps, he likes all those things. Maybe even a lot. Especially the feeling of Jimin's small hand in his own as the younger pulled him onto the dance floor, the sound of soft laughter filling Yoongi's ears.

[Not my story]