candy hearts

Not my story
Ao3 CasilStop

~•° . ♥️ . °•~

Jimin stared awkwardly into the face of an acquaintance. A light blush dusted her cheeks, and a pretty lipgloss accompanied her pretty pink lipstick. Her hair was short, cute.

She held, before her, a bag of candy hearts, each colored a pretty pastel shade. The bag sat, balanced on the palms of her hands, fingers coming to curl around the plastic to show her pink nails.

"They're for you, Jimin-oppa. Please accept my valentine gift," The girl said sweetly.

"Thank you Jeongyeon," Jimin smiled awkwardly. "I have to get home,"

"Oh-"

Jimin walked away as quickly as he could to save himself from feeling awkward anymore. It could've been that he was embarrassed or humiliated, but he couldn't really place a finger on it.

But hey, at least he got candy out of it.

~•° . ♥️ . °•~

Once Jimin finds himself in his small apartment, he tosses the bag of candy to his desk and plops down on his computer chair. The chair emits a horrible squeak as it suddenly has to accommodate for Jimin's weight.

"I've never heard of this brand," Jimin ponders to himself, reading over the small card that is attached to the ribbon tying the bag closed. Heart's Desire, the card read. Maybe Jeongyeon bought these from that homemade candy store? Who knows?

Jimin unties the ribbon and tosses it to the side before grabbing a pastel blue heart out of the bag. As he touched the sugary heart, he felt his fingers tingle, then his arm, then his chest. Jimin decides to dismiss it.

He places the candy on his tongue, and closes his eyes. This is amazing, he thinks as the heart dissolves in his mouth. It doesn't have the dull vitamin taste of the candy hearts he had bought from the grocery store previously. No, no, no. These were phenomenal.

He places another in his mouth, a purple one. The taste is different this time. He believes it is grape but there's something else there, like strawberry.

He takes a pink heart out of the bag while he waits for the purple one to dissolve, and mindlessly flips it over and admires the beautiful writing that spells out his best friend's name.

Wait.

What?

He does a double take, and yep, there it is. In all it's glory,

민 윤기

Min Yoongi.

What kind of sick joke is this? Did Jeongyeon get these made? What is she trying to accomplish.

He grabs another heart out of the bag, yellow this time. The same stupid letters are printed on it 'Min Yoongi's

He grabs another 'Min Yoongi.'

And another 'Min Yoongi'.

Jimin suddenly feels sick to his stomach, suddenly the candy doesn't take as amazing as it once did. It's taunting rather than satisfying. He gets up, and brushes it off. It's stupid.

Why would Jeongyeon go through the trouble of getting those stupid candy hearts made? Why would she get 'Min Yoongi' printed on them?

He scoffs and puts the hearts back in the bag.

~•° . ♥️ . °•~

"Yeah, I dunno, it was really cool," Taehyung laughs "And Hoseokie bought us slushies," Jimin smiles at his friend's story.