Hanami (but watching you instead)

Not my story
Ao3 agustdo903

The wind blows on a chilly spring evening making the temperature feel slightly lower than it is. The cherry blown petals dance in the wind, scattering in the grass, in hair, into the distance. The sun sets over the horizon, elongating shadows of everything around, creating evening in one place and morning in another.

Yoongi rests underneath one of the tall trees, his back leaning against the bark, his head slumped forward and headphones around his neck. Around him lays the contents of his empty backpack: pens, papers and sheet music held in place by a minimal amount of textbooks. As another gust of wind blows and throwing more petals into the air, a few land in his charcoal black hair and against his clothes.

A figure comes into view and blocks the few rays of sun that were shining into Yoongi's face. The new arrival bends at his knees and squats to pick a few of the stray light pink petals from the contrasting dark black hair and releases them into the air and after a while decides to run his hand through the black locks.

"We came here to watch the flowers and here I am watching you," he says, stirring Yoongi. Yoongi looks at the blonde – turned light pink from the sunset – and smiles in contentment.

"Jimin-ah. Don't pretend that you don't love watching me," Yoongi says in jest and Jimin realizes he's been played.
"If you were awake why didn't you move when I messed with your hair? You could've gotten kidnapped while I was gone!" Jimin isn't serious one bit but he likes playing with Yoongi so he knows he cares.

"No one has as small hands as you so I knew I was safe."
Jimin no longer cares for Yoongi.
Yoongi pulls him into his lap knowing that Jimin would get up and pout somewhere if he didn't stop him while he had the chance.

"Thank you for caring, Min. I appreciate it." It comes out quiet and a little gruff but Jimin knows Yoongi is sincere wherever he says something like this. He always is.
"Yeah yeah," comes his reply with a slight smirk on his face.

Yoongi chuckles and leans further back against the tree, pulling Jimin with him, and together they watch the petals dance in the breeze and the sun set in the horizon