from a loving fan

Not my story
Ao3 esperically

Yoongi pulled the hat down farther, covering his face as much as he could. Management would kill him if they knew he'd been out, especially if he got caught. Especially if he got caught here. In a chocolate shop. Buying chocolate. People would ask who it was for, and of course Yoongi couldn't say. He'd say, "For ARMY, of course." But it wasn't. The chocolate wasn't for the fans, although Yoongi did appreciate and love the fans. He just didn't appreciate and love them as much as he did Park Jimin.

Park Jimin was...everything. His source of inspiration, his light. He honestly didn't know where he'd be without Park Jimin. He'd nursed Yoongi through the time he'd been sick with appendicitis, and that had been when Yoongi had realized just what it was he'd been feeling for the boy. Naturally, Yoongi had been terrified to tell him how he felt. He'd decided, though, that today was the day he would say something. He just prayed he didn't screw things up and cause tension between the two of them or the other members.

"Here you are, sir. Would you like a name on this nametag?" asked the cashier. Yoongi had nearly forgotten where he was, The man stared at him expectedly, and Yoongi realized he had to say something.

"I, uh...Jimin. Just Jimin." He was suddenly grateful Jimin was a gender neutral name.

"Alright, here you go. Caramel filled chocolates for Jimin. Do you want to say who it's from?"

"No, I-I'll give it to hi--her myself." Right. She. The man always loved a woman.

The man laughed. "Ah, young love. I'm sure she'll enjoy it. Thank you!"

Yoongi walked out of the shop covering his face with his hand. He couldn't believe he'd just done that. He'd just bought chocolate for his "valentine." He'd always thought Valentine's Day was stupid, but it sure made buying stuff easier. He'd never hear the end of it if he bought flowers, too. Which, coincidentally, was where he was headed next.

As he walked the four blocks to the florist, he looked around at the bustling city. It was late afternoon, and the sun was just beginning to dip towards the horizon. The sky was that pretty blue-pink colour that Jimin always loved, and Yoongi caught himself smiling. He took out his phone and snapped a picture, wondering if he would get the chance to show Jimin. It had snowed last night, and the light reflected off it beautifully. Yoongi had always enjoyed photography, but had given up on it, because his schedule didn't usually allow for photo oppurtunities.

A bell dinged as he pushed the door open, and he cringed. He liked the cover of silence, but apparently he wouldn't have it today.

"Hello! How can I help you?" the florist called. There was only one other person in the store, which was surprising, considering the day. He looked up at Yoongi with fearful eyes, and Yoongi started, because he recognized the face. It was another idol, Mark, and he looked relieved to see that the other wouldn't say anything about his being here. Both had labels to respect, and neither wanted to put their reputations at risk if they gossiped.

"I-yes, can I get a bouquet of dandelions?"

"...Dandelions?" Yoongi saw Mark snort and turn away, and didn't realize at first what he'd said.

"Oh my god. Daffodils. I meant daffodils." Yoongi could feel his face go red, and he wanted to bury himself in a hole. He'd actually said dandelions.

"Guess he means so much to you that you get tongue tied, huh?" Mark whispered in his ear as he walked closer. "Give Jimin my best wishes."

Yoongi's head snapped up to look at the other man. Shit, was he that obvious? Well, two could play that game. "Yeah? Give Jinyoung mine, too."