no christmas gift

[Not my story]
Ao3 KirbySpacek

Jimin sits cross legged behind Yoongi who is crouched in front of the toilet bowl, throwing up a mixture of mojito, chocolate cake, and Jin's glorious fajita. He hands the blond one paper towel as soon as the gawking stops.

Yoongi grabs the tissue just as Jimin flushes the toilet and hands Yoongi the cup of mouthwash. Yoongi gargles it while washing his face and Jimin is there with a towel as soon as he is done.

Yoongi wipes his face before tossing the towel to some place he can't give a damn about. Jimin is leaning against the wall opposite him, looking at him with so much fondness like he didn't throw up a week worth of meal for every homeless in Los Angeles.

"I have two good news," Yoongi said.

"What?" Jimin asked, playing along.

"The world isn't spinning anymore and there is only one Jimin now," Yoongi said.

Jimin laughs, his eyes forming a crescent, throwing his head back a little.

"What's funny?" Yoongi asked.

"The world never spun and there was always only one me," Jimin said.

"No, there were five of you walking in the living room all night!" Yoongi said.

"Really? I didn't see them," Jimin said, covering his mouth with the back of his hand.

"They were you, I'm sure. They had the same killer ass," Yoongi said.

"Oh yeah?"

"Uh huh. Biceps were RIPPED... and you should have seen their abs, 12-pack! Gave me a boner!"

"You're still drunk," Jimin said through the laughter.

"Am not. They were you. I'm sure. I managed to grab one of the asses," Yoongi said, eyes rolling as if in deep thought.

"You did?"

"Uh huh."

"So you knew it was me... because you grabbed its ass?" Jimin asked a little more calmly but still smiling widely, his arms folded across his chest.

"No, no, no," Yoongi said, wiggling his finger in front of his face. "I knew it was you because they had your eyes."

Yoongi said, hands behind his back, bowing slightly.

...

"My eyes?" Jimin is smiling.

"Yes! Your eyes, you know, they form a crescent when you laugh... and it was... it inspires the sun to rise because... it was like 8pm when we started partying but you... those... those four other you smiled and... the sun just shone, just like that," Yoongi said.

"Oh my god, you are so freakin' drunk," Jimin said, starting to laugh again.

"I am not drunk. I was but I'm not anymore. Taehyung is drunk that explains why he is sleeping on the tree. Jungkook is not drunk that explains why is on the tree with Taehyung. Namjoon is drunk, that explains why he broke all the plates, glasses and saucers we have which he does even when he is sober but... you get the point. Jin is not drunk, that explains why our apartment is still clean. Hoseok is drunk that explains why he is still singing and talking to us because he thinks we're still out there with him," Yoongi said. "I was drunk and that explains why I threw up but I am not drunk anymore and that explains why I see you."

...

"I see you, Jimin. I always see you. Whether you're up on the stage singing and dancing your heart out or in the practice room aiming for perfection or playing some silly game I will never learn or talking about something you are excited or irritated or wondering about or when you're just being you... whatever it is that makes you you. I see you, always. And I want you to know I love everything I see."

"Are you saying all these because it's Christmas?"

"No. I am saying it because I forgot to get you a gift and I am hoping you won't notice."

"If you can walk from there to here without falling on your ass and give me a kiss, you'll be forgiven," Jimin said.

"I can do that," Yoongi said, nodding once... confident... taking one slow... careful... step... before falling on his ass.

Jimin laughs, shoulders shaking, folding in half.

"Oh yeah, just laugh at someone while they're down. JiMEANie!" Yoongi said, kicking his feet, and pouting but then a hand cups his face.

"This MEANIE sees you... whether you're up on the stage spitting those rhymes or in your studio writing raw emotions over melodies or in the rehearsal room trying to be the fourth best dancer in the group or when you're sleeping or talking or just being you. I see you, always. And I love everything I see," Jimini said, kneeling in front of Yoongi.

"You're a plagiarist," Yoongi managed said, looking straight into Jimin's eyes.

"Yes but I only plagiarize the best writer and producer in the world, I don't settle for less."

"Did you also forget to give me a gift?" Yoongi said, still pouting.

Jimin laughs again, lightly this time, "I have a gift but it's not material. It's more of an experience."

"Really?" Yoongi asked, the pout slowly disappearing.

"Uh huh."

"And where is this experience happening?" Yoongi asked.

"I was thinking the bedroom but then... we're already here... and since we just moved in here, everything is still... untouched... so," Jimin said, moving between Yoongi's legs.

"Jimin, this is the general bathroom. They could walk in," Yoongi protested but not moving.

"We just finished 5 bottles of tequila, 3 bottles of vodka and god know how many bottles of beer. Elvis could come back from the dead and sing in our living room and they will remain asleep," Jimin said. Yoongi could already feel Jimin breathing on his neck.

"Jimin, I just puked," Yoongi said.

"You've kissed me after puking," Jimin said.

"That's why I know it's disgusting," Yoongi said.

Jimin pulls away abruptly playfully hits Yoongi's arm, "Who is being mean now?"

"You," Yoongi replied and immediately feels the absence of Jimin's warmth on his neck. He misses it right away that he almost yanked the younger boy to his neck again. 

"Me?!"

"You're always being too hot... too charming... too cute... too kind... too hardworking... too loving... too pure... and that smile, that fuckin' smile... those are dangerous, you know that? That should be illegal or something... that's just plain mean," Yoongi said, rambling. 

Jimin fights another feat of laughter and settles for a smile, cupping Yoongi's face before giving him a quick smooch on the lips.

"See, JiMEANie," Yoongi said, watching Jimin watching him.

"Merry Christmas, Yoongi."

"That's hyung for you, brat," Yoongi said with absolutely no bite.

"Shut up and kiss me," Jimin said.

"Disrespectful brat," Yoongi said.

"Brat that you're whipped for," Jimin said.

Yoongi smirks, "Confident brat... that I'm whipped for."

Yoongi pulls Jimin's feet, placing it on either side of his hips before wrapping his arms around Jimin's waist.

"Merry Christmas, Jimin. I hope you choose to spend all your Christmases with me because if you don't... I will have to stalk you."

That made Jimin laugh a little harder which made Yoongi laugh harder so that when Yoongi finally closes the distance between their lips, they are both laughing into the kiss, teeth clanking, struggling... certainly not the romantic kiss you would give the love of your life on Christmas but it's okay. They are ok because they are happy... in love... and merry during this Christmas.