seawater kisses pt 1

[Not my story]
Ao3 paleserendipity (very long took me about five hours to read but worth it) Gore Smut and death

"Damn," someone says.

Yoongi abruptly turns, journal long forgotten. "Who's there?" He calls out, leaning over the ship's edge. A low wolf whistle gets his attention as he looks over at a series of large rocks where the sea gently laps at them. Sprawled across the largest, is a Siren.

The creature gazes up at Yoongi with dark eyes that look almost black. His hair falls in wet waves and is colored a pale blue that seems almost blonde but then changes to blue in direct sunlight. He grins up at Yoongi when their eyes meet. Yoongi stays quiet for a moment, in awe that he's so close to a Siren. They've been widely heard about, but he's never had the experience of being so close to one. But Yoongi's no fool. He knows the dangers of being so close to a Siren, they own the skill of entrancing humans to drag them to the depths of the ocean with their good looks alone. And this Siren- well, he's no different.

Yoongi's eyes trail wordlessly over the Siren's body, noticing how lean his muscles are and his grin that made Yoongi itch to smile back. The Siren lays on his front across the rock and leans his chin in his palm, the other arm laid out in front of him as he smiles up at the sailor. The Siren lifts his tail from the water to lay it across the wet rocks, letting the human admire his beauty. His tail is a deep blue with hints of green and silver in the sunlight and the sheen of water reflects over his scales, fins slightly transparent and appear to sparkle like glitter.

"Like what you see?" The Siren asks as he swipes his tongue across his front teeth, lips settling back into a smirk. Yoongi scowls and pushes himself away from the ship's edge to retrieve his journal, eager to ignore the Siren. Although, it seems as though this particular Siren is having none of this as he glares and sinks into the water, only to appear once more beside the boat, craning his neck to look up at the Sailor's back.

"It's rude to ignore people," the Siren says, scaring Yoongi as he jumps and falls from the table he sits upon. Yoongi does so with a loud shriek, emitting a soft giggle from the man in the water.

"Leave me alone," Yoongi finally snaps as he stands up to glare down at the Siren. Yoongi forces his transfixed state to snap as he tears his eyes away, ignoring the way the man looks even more beautiful up close. The Siren scowls, folding his arms in a huff.

"What's the fun in that?" The man in the water asks with an obvious pout in his voice.

The sailor scoffs and turns back to look at the Siren. "I'm not here for fun, I'm here to work," he says, but this time, he doesn't turn away.

"Whatcha doing?" The blue haired man asks with what seems like genuine interest.

The sailor narrows his eyes at this before he decides to respond. "I'm studying the ocean," he says as the Siren gazes up at him.

"Oh," the Siren says softly. "I could help," he adds.

The Sailor snorts. "Listen, Sunshine, I'm here to work. Not play dolls with a mermaid," Yoongi snaps as he turns away so that he misses yet another foul expression on the Siren's face.

"I'm a Siren, not a mermaid," the man in the water scoffs, sounded offended.

"Same thing," Yoongi throws over his shoulder.

"Actually," the Siren begins. "They're not. You see, mermaids are some sort of made up bullshit that you humans created. Sirens are the real deal, not your tasteless fantasies of mermaids,"

"Oh yeah," the Sailor responds, sarcasm practically dripping from his tongue. "I love Sirens' and being dragged down to the bottom of the ocean, sounds so fun. Ten out of ten would recommend,"