Twenty Four- Dark Kingdom

Dark Kingdom and Dark Prince AU

-------------------------------------

(The dark kingdom. Once was a glory of royals, now a royal of darkness and black rocks everywhere. Almost everyone left when the rocks destory everything. All but the king and his servents and Knights. In his throne, King Edmond was frowning while his advisors go through plans for the kingdom with the side effects from the rocks.)

Eron: And after that, there is the visiting of the King and Queen of Saboria. With their daughter.

Edmond: Good. Have everything ready for their visit.

Eron Yes sire. But sire, isn't it too soon for the prince? I mean, he's just a child.

Edmond: When my time comes, he must take the throne and the control of these rocks. And he must need a queen by his side to rule. Do you know where he could be?

Eron: Out doing something I'm sure. (Roll eyes) Never care of what that brat being doing anyway.

Adria: Sire. He's only fourteen, he need time to enjoy his youth before he can choose a bride. I mean, he never took interseted in the princesses and they never understand the science he enjoy.

Edmond: If not, then who?

(Meanwhile, outside the castle. A stead of horses ride past the rocks and head to the dark forest, where no life but dead trees, plants and wild animals live and as well as the rocks. In one of the horses, a young boy no older than fourteen ride. Behind him, a older man ride on his following the boy.)

Tormand: Varian! Prince! Slow down!

(Varian order his horse to slow down as Tormand catch up.)

Tormand: Young prince, we really shouldn't be here. The king will be mad if he finds out you enter the dark forest.

Varian: He never cares Tormand, he never have. All he cares is making sure I take over this dark, forgotten kingdom. Who wants to live here? Not me.

Tormand: So our land is attack by the power of the Moondrop, at least your real father use it to save you-

Varian: But now I'm crused by it. Just like that stinking princess of Corona.

Tormand: Sire!

(Then, Varian stop when he hear something. It sounded like..singing. But no birds here can sing here in the dark forest. And the voice sound so beautiful, like it was the wonderful sound he hear.)

Varian: Tormand, you hear it?

Tormand: Hear what?

(the singing get louder as the horses keep walking forward.)

Tormand: Singing? But no living being can carry a tune like this.

Varian: Well whatever it is, I want to know what's singing.

(He order his horse to go fast, following the singing. Tormand follow after him. The singing get louder till he stop at the sourse, behind the dead bush. Varian get off his horse and part the bush, then what he saw made his heart stop beating. By the stream of water, is a young girl at his age, singing her lovely melody. Then she stop as she sit down.)

Judy: Okay, how's that sound Odette? (Odette quack happliy) Better than the last time? (Odette quack again) Good. Hope it will bring color to this inky dark place. (Odette quack) I couldn't agree more my little friend. Okay, one more time to get it perfect. Because, practice make perfect am I right my little friend?

(Odette quack a couple times while flipping her wings, making the girl laugh. Varian stare at her, like he never seen someone more lovely than those princesses. Tormand catch up, jump off his horse and walk to Varian who is still watching the girl singing.)

Tormand: What did you find sire? Sire? (Look at the girl) What on earth? What's a young girl doing here? It's dangerous here in the dark forest.

(Varian move closer till he's past the bush, walking to the girl.)

Tormand: Sire! Get back here!

(He didn't listen to him, still transfixed on the girl still singing. She stop her singing while smiling on her swan, which made Varian breath fade away. She turn around, but stop with she is face to face with Varian.)

Judy: Yeeep! Buddy! A little personal space please!? (Didn't listen) Hey, are you deaf? I said personnel spa-

Varian: Who are you?

Judy: Excuse me?

Varain: Who are you my angel?

Judy: Whoa, back off a moment. We just met.

Varian: I-I know, but I never seen someone like you before.

Judy: Well, you're in luck buddy. I'm Judy, Judy Pot. My family and I came to the dark kingdom to rest a while before heading to another land. And you are?

Tormand: That is Prince Varian. I am Tormand, the prince servant.

Judy: Prince Varian? Oh, (bow) sorry about it your highness.

Varian: Don't please. If anyone should bow, (bow) it should be me, to a lovely angel like you.

Judy: (chuckle) Well, you sure are a charmer princey.

Tormand: If I may ask, what are you doing here in the dark forest?

Judy: Well, I was practing on a song to sing for the folks here, you know, put a smile on their face. Cause let me tell you, people here are as gloomy as my uncle's achohal days.

Varian: You put a smile on my face m'lady.

Judy: (grin) Great, at least I'm appreative. I like your style princey.

(Varian let out a blush, he's already liking this girl and they just met. The forest is getting darker and hear some noise around.)

Tormand: We have to leave, the dark forest gets dangerous at night more. Good luck miss Pot.

Judy: Some to you.

(Tormand get on his horse and ride off. Judy turn and put Odette on top her head. Varian stop her before she can leave.)

Varian: Wait, how about I take you out? I don't want a angel like you to get hurt or lost.

Judy: You sure you know your way out?

Varian: Absoulatly, just trust me on this.

Judy: Okay princey.

(Varian help her up on his horse, he get on behind her as she held on tight. They took off with the moonlight showing some light to help them. While riding out, Varian look at Judy. She looks very different with her hair, but it's what makes her more beautiful in his eyes. And her eyes are light blue like crystals, something he need seen before. He wrap his arms around her waist, locking her in a tight embrace and she let out a blush.)

Judy: Uh..princey..

Varian: Call me Varian.

Judy: Okay, Varian, don't you think you should I don't know, be acting like that to a princess? I'm not a princess, I'm just a traveler.

Varian: Yes, but to me, you''re far wonderful than a silly princess. They never like my love for science.

Judy: You like science?

Varian: Problem?

Judy: No, of course not. I think it's interesting, so many wonder to learn and create from it. I think these princesses are too dull to understand. If you caught my difrt.

(Varian smile at her, finally someone who share his likes. She turn to smile at him, a smile that bring light to his dark world.)