Fifty One- I Do

Corpse Bride AU

---------------------------------------------------

(Varian lean against the bridge, embarrassed and humiliated. After his failed attempt to practice for his wedding with Sinny, both the family are disappointed on him. He should have guessed that this marriage is nothing but a flank. He look at a small rose, red. He sighed.)

Varian: Nice going Ruddiger, Sinny thinks I'm a flank too. This day can't get more worse.

(He hear the sound of bell ringing, turn and see Shorty ringing his bell while spreading the news.)

Shorty: Hear ye! Hear ye! The rehearsal is in ruins as Ruddiger cause chaos! Ruddigers fiancee could be canned! The sets are fired to Ruddiger disaster ruining rehearsal!

(Varian groan in annoyance. He start walking to the woods while thinking. He walk deeper in the woods, trying to get the vows in his head.)

Varian: It really isn't that difficult, it's just simple vows. With this hand, I will take your wine. (Groan) No, that's not it. With this hand, I will cup your.. (Groan loud) Come on! With this..with this..With this candle.

(He stopped by a large disfigure tree with crows on the branch.)

Varian: With this candle, I will...I will.. I will set your mother on fire. (Groan) I'm such a idiot!

(He sat by the tree, hands on his head. He dig through his pocket, pull out the Rose and the ring. The thought of Sinny came in mind. He sigh in sadness, if only he can get the vows right. He breathe and stand up.)

Varian: With this hand, I will lift your sorrows. Your cup will never empty, for I will be your wine. With this candle, I will light your way in darkness. With this ring, I ask you to be mine!

( He slid his ring on a single tree root. And that's when the wind pick up, and the crows caw. He turn around, not seeing the root moving. The crows stare at him, like he is in his fate grasp. Then out of nowhere, the root came to life and grab him and pull him down to the ground. The crows fly down, he was scared to his bones. He get up to pull out of the roots grasp, but it hold a frim grip on him. He pull and pull harder, till it snap off and he fell backwards. He look at his arm wit the root, only that the root is a skelaton arm holding on him. He shake it off him and it landed by him. The ground by the tree bump to a lump, he stare at it in fear for what is coming out. The ground open as a zombie creature rise up before him. He look scared. The figure is a young woman, at his age too. Her skin is pale white with chucks of flesh missing, she is dressed in what looks like a wedding gown. The dress is short sleeve and off shoulder, skirt is slit to her right side, white flat shoes, gloves that look fingerless and face cover in a veil. She lift her veil, she appear to be so beautiful even in death. Her eyes are crystal blue, pale pink lips, hair brown in shoulder length with blue bangs. She is striky beautiful, even Varian see that she is. She stare at him and whisper one word.)

Corspe: I do.

( Varian back away a little as she walk to him. He get up and start running away. The corpse walk after him. He run to the hill, but he fell down and landed on his head. He look up and see the corpse is still after him. He get up and run again. He run faster, but slid on ice. He turn around to see the corpse still after him, but she look so sad. But he can't stay and comfort her, he need to get away. He made it to land and run. He can see the ending and go fast, that is till a bush branch hook his coat, he push on and cause a piece of his coat to rip off. He made it to the bridge, safe and unharmed with crows over his head. He look around, looking for the corpse, he see no trance of her. He sighed in relief. He turn around to head him, but the corpse is right there, and he shriek in surprise. He back away but she walk towards him, backing to the ledge on the bridge. She hold on his shoulder and lean forward.)

Corpse: You may kiss the bride.

(Then when she lean in to kiss him, the crows surround them. And everything went black.)