Thirty Four- Moondrop

Moon!Varian AU. AU goes to Ghosta-R on Tumblr.

--------------------------------------

(Judy stare at the fire, lost in thought. It already been weeks since she and her family left Corona, traveling places to bring music. Judy frown the more she thought of Corona, of Rapunzel, and of Varian. She really miss him so much, he is all she can think about. But he have work on discovering the black rocks, one that can't be broken. She don't get about the rocks, they're just really unbreakable rocks, right? She heard a nosie, she get up, run to her bag that have chemicals, vials fill and goo balls. All her time with Varian have give her some interest on dealing with alchemy. She grab the goo ball and head to the bush.)

Judy: Who's there?! Come out and show yourself!

(Coming out of the bush is the one person she thought she never see again, Varian. He looks worse, his hair is messy, his clothes is ripped and he is not wearing his apron, gloves and his goggles. Judy drop the ball and run to him, giving him a huge hug.)

Judy: Varian! (Hug him) Varian.

Varian: (hug her) Judy, I am so glad to see your face again.

Judy: Same here. But what are you doing here? Why are you out of Corona? Aren't you suppose to solve those rocks destorying your village?

Varian: I...I..well..It-It's a long story.

Judy: I got all the time for you, you know.

(Varian sigh. And so he tell Judy what really happen. After that, Judy is shock to the core. Her hand in her mouth, eyes widen and shaking.)

Varian: Judy. I know what I did sound horrible, but you have to believe me.

Judy: Varian, you could have kill inncont lives for that. And your dad...oh my god. I think I'm gonna be sick.

Varian: Judy, please. Please understand this..

(Judy turn away, feeling sick to her stomach. Odette jump at Varian, about to bite his hand when he was near Judy. She was shaking and tears pour from her eyes. She turn to Varian, who look like he is hurt.)

Varian: Judy, I'm sorry. I'm sorry you have to hear this. But it's true.

Judy: I-If the king knew of this, he could have just deal with it like he should. And.. Rapunzel, I thought she always kept her promise, she should have gone after the storm is gone. And...Varian, you never harm a single fly. How can they think you "attack"? This have to be a misunderstanding.

Varian: I wish it is, because it's true. (Judy start sobbing) (hug her) Hey, hey. Listen. I know this is gonna sound crazy, but,..I have to show you something.

Judy: W-What is it?

(He stand back away from her. He grab the rock, and sing. His hair glow bright light blue, so did his eyes and freckles. Judy eyes widen of this. The rocks around the camp sink down in the ground. His song ends, the glow die down. He turn to her. She look very shock.)

Judy: Y-Y-You glow..like Rapunzel have. B-But how?

Varian: I wish I knew. Are..Are you scared of me?

Judy: Am I scared of you? Varian, you are my best friend. I would never think of you like that. Sure, you almost hurt everyone to free Quirin, but you did what you thought was the right thing to do and it didn't worked. But there's always another way to fix this. If I can converse my family to fellow those rocks, they could lead to somewhere the rocks came from.

Varian: And if they don't accept?

Judy: Then it's gonna be just us to deal with this.

Varian: J-Judy! We're kids! We won't last long!

Judy: You're a alchemist with the power of some alternative Sundrop thing, and I been learning a few things about alchemy thanks to you my magical alchemy buddy.

Varian: (smile) You're strange, you know?

Judy: Saids you.

(The two laugh, like the old times they have. They sat close as the fire glow with warmth, Judy lay her head on his shoulder, making him let out a blush. She smile softly and slowly went to sleep. Varian hold her close, resting her head on his lap. Odette quak at him.)

Varian: No, I won't use this power on Judy. Judy may not be comfortable with me having this magic, but I would never do any harm on her.

(Odette quak at him again, asking did his father know of the power.)

Varian: He must have. And once I find the answer to this, I'm gonna free him and ask him about this. Anything to keep Judy safe and unharmed.

(He look at Judy's sleeping form, look so peaceful. He place a hand on her hair, feeling them through his fingers. Shortly after, he fell asleep. Laying next to Judy. The fire die down, but the moon shine them light.)