Twenty Eight- Real Happiness

(Judy sat on the sand with a twig in hand and other on her cheek, while have a sad look on her face and drawing with the twig. Odette sat by her side, as she see Judy draw a J and a V with a heart around it. She let out a sad sigh, she really miss Varian. She miss his optimistic attitude, his carefree ideas, his eyes and hair and his dorky smile that give her shivers, she blink with a realization. She's falling in love with Varian, her sweet, handsome, charming and funny Varian. Why else would she come with Rapunzel and the other on this journey? So she can find the answer to free his father, and bring him back to her. She let out a sob, Odette nuzzle to her for comfort. Then they hear the other argue. Judy get up and head to the group, but stopped when she see them fighting over a small totem. She look so confused by it.)

Judy: Uh..guys? What is going on?

Eugene: Jude!

Cassandra: Can you be a dear and help me get this totem back!?

Lance: Help you!? Help me!

Hook Foot: She's my little buddy! Help me!

(Max neigh at Judy, Judy and Odette look at each other, not understanding what is going on. The group went back to fighting over the totem, till it's starting to get on her nerves. She walk to them and grab the totem out their hands, not noticing the totem glow green.)

Judy: Seriously guys! Fighting over a silly little object!? What's so special about it!? It's just a pieces of ju-

Voice: Judy.

(Judy froze when she heard a vice behind her, it sound so familer. She turn around and let out a gasp. There before her is Varian, the same Varian. Her heart beat so fast at the sight of him, then she let out a breathless gasp and a smile.)

Judy: (tear) Varian! Varian!

(She run to him and hug him tight. He hug her back. She let out a few tears of joy, happy to see him again.)

Judy: I miss you so much! I can't believe you're h- Wait, how did you get here?

Varian: It doesn't matter now. The only thing that matter now is we're together.

Judy: (crying) Together.. Finally..

(She hug close to him. Outside her version, the group see Judy hugging tree breck while crying. Odette look a little worry of this, saying Varian name. Cassandra grab the totem out of Judy's hand, and before Judy, Varian fade away.)

Judy: Varian! (Turn to Cassandra) What did you do to him!?

Cassandra: Judy! Have you forgotten what he did to Rapunzel and us!?

Judy: I wasn't there when it happen! Now give me that totem! I need to see him again!

(She reach for the totem, but Cassandra hold it high from her reach. Then Eugene grab it out her hand, Judy push Cassandra and tackle Eugene for the totem.)

Judy: Give it back! I need my Varian back!

Eugene: What about me?!

Judy: Who cares about you!? Now give me that!

(She grab the totem and held it close to her chest. Before her, Varian show up. Judy let out more tears of joy and a huge smile as she run to his arms.)

Judy: Varian, never leave me alone!

Varian: As long you hold the statue, I'll never leave your sight ever again.

Judy: Varian, I need to tell you something.

Varian: And I have something to tell you too.

Judy: What is my love?

Varian: Judy, I lov-

(But he fade away before he can finish. Rapunzel hold the totem in her hand. Judy let out a roar as she pounce on her.)

Judy: Give it back! I need to tell him!

Rapunzel: Judy, calm down.

Judy: Calm down!? CALM DOWN!? You're taking away the boy I fell so in love with!

(The group froze when she said that. She..love Varian? Right now? Rapunzel can't believe what she heard, how can Judy love the one who almost kill them? Then again, she wasn't there when it happen. While they're distracted, Judy grab the totem and run away from the others.)

Rapunzel: Judy!

Judy: I won't let you take him away from me!

(She ran deeper from the others till she stopped in a clearing. Odette quack at her, in deep concern.)

Judy: Am I fine? They're trying to take my love away! I lost him once, I'm not losing him again!

(She hold the totem close to her chest, then Varian appear again. She let out a joyful yet crazy laugh as she run at his arms, hugging him tight and close.)

Judy: I love you Varian, I didn't realize it till now.

Varian: And I love you too my sweet, sweet Judy, my angel from heaven.

(She lean forward as he did the same, till Odette bite Judy on the leg. She let out a Yelp of pain, she look down at Odette.)

Judy Now you're keeping me away from him too!? Can't you understand that I need him!?

(Odette quack at her, more than she did. Judy glaze lossen when she understand what Odette is trying to say. Is her happiness more important than Varian's happiness? More important than a illusion that claim to really love her when the real one is in a cell waiting for her? She look at the totem, then to Odette who have a sad look on her face. Judy feel tears on her eyes, Odette's right. Varian's happiness to get his father is more important than Judy's happiness to see him again. She raise her arm to throw the totem away, but the totem turn red as did her eyes.)

Varian: Judy, are you really gonna throw the one thing that is keeping us together? You're gonna let them keep us apart? Don't you love me?!

Judy: I do love you, but if loving a illusion to keep me from my real Varian's happiness, then it's not real love.

(With that, she throw it away in the air and away from her. She feel tears on her eyes, then she fell on the ground and let out a sob, a loud sobbing. At night, Judy sit far away from the others while staring at the ocean. She cry more, feeling her heart breaking. She felt a shift next to her, she look up and see Rapunzel looking at her with a concern face.)

Rapunzel: So, you love Varian?

Judy: More than music.

Rapunzel: I'm so sorry about what he done, and I'm sorry that I took him away from you.

Judy: It's...okay. I just wish I was there when it happen. I could have done something to prevent this from happening.

Rapunzel: Even if you do, it would have change something. You know. You're all he ever talks about.

Judy: (gasp) Really?

Rapunzel: Yeah. It's always "Judy is the most beautiful girl in Corona." Or "Judy is like a angel sent down from heaven cause she have a voice like one." Even "No women can ever change my mind of how I feel for my sweet Judy." He's head over heels for you.

Judy: I...I never thought of that. I thought he was my friend.

Rapunzel: He is. He's your friend till the end. Never forget that. So, you throw away your happiness for his?

Judy: Yes.

Rapunzel: That's real love.

(Judy smile at her. They look at the sea, side by side.)