Ninety Seven-The Argument

Judy pace outside the Snuggling Duckling Pub, holding her arms as she look down and keep pacing. Today have turn grim, a festival of goodwill gone wrong and now the kingdom is nothing but a garden of black rocks and Cassandra have taken over it.

Varian's new invention, Projest Obsidian, didn't go as he planned. Cassandra was too powerful, it have been no use. And to make things worse. Not only Adria and Hector have come thanks to that mindtrap, but Murlock too. He is controlled by Cassandra and she couldn't bring herself to stop Murlock, she stopped pacing and hugged herself.

The door to the pub opened and coming out is Varian. He was waiting for Judy to discuss with Rapunzel about how to take back Corona. He saw her standing as she hugged herself.

"Judy?" He walk to her. "How are you feeling?"

Judy look up at him, she frowned. "How am I feeling?" She asked him. "How am I feeling?!" She then shouted. "I'll tell you how I feel! We lost our kingdom! Cassandra destroyed everything and Murlock is with Adria and that crazy man!" She continued. "How do you think I feel!?"

Varian took her hands. "Judy, please. I need you to calm down." He pleaded. "We can still stop her and get your uncle back."

She glared at him, pulling her hands back. "I don't need you to tell me to calm down!" She shouted. "Have you forgetten what she almost done to you!? She kidnapped you, held us prisoners and almost hurt you!" She added. "Why are you still trying to help her when clearly she doesn't want to be helped!?"

It was then that Varian started to get mad. "Why? Cause I knew that there is still good in her!" He yelled. "You never give up on me when I was bad!"

"It's because I love you Vary! I still want to see the same alchemist I fell in love with, cause I am scared I might lose you forever!" She said. "But Cassandra-"

"Cassandra is my friend as well!" He interupted. "So that means I have everything to see good in her too!"

Judy glared hard at him. What they didn't know is that Gerhard was watching them. He was getting concern for the two and went out to check on them, only to find them arguing.

"Well guess what?! All that good is gone!" She shouted. "She is bad now! Does her ruining your projest Obsidian proof enough!?" She asked him. "So can you please learn to stop clinging on hope she will get better!?"

"Oh!? Like how you will stop clinging on the fact your family lied to you and Murlock is one of them now!!?" He shouted at her face.

Judy let out a gasp of this, her eyes got tears in them. She back away from him.

It was then that Varian realize what he done. He started to apologize. "J-Judy! I'm-I'm sorry!" He said. "I-I-I didn't mean to-"

"No, you're right." Judy said, voice cracking. "I thought I was gonna get better, when clearly I'm not.." she cried. "I am still the weak soul.. I just want to be like Rapunzel and Eugene.." she turn and run away, crying.

"Judy!!" Varian shouted. He is about to chase after her, but Gerhard stopped him by putting his hand on his shoulder.

Gerhard said with a sad voice. "You better let her be. She is still coping like we are."

Varian sighed, with a frown. "I am such a idiot." He said. "Why did I say those things?"

Gerhard gave him a hug, Varian hugged him close. The two felt more like brothers than ever.

Judy sobbed alone as she sat near a tree, her head on her knees with her arms covering her face. Why does this keep happening to her? Her perfect life have turn grim and ruined. After finishing crying, she wipe her tears away. Maybe she should go back and apologize to Varian for what she said about Casandra.

But right after she stood up, she felt something behind her. She turn around and see William coming to her with a sinister grin.

She gasped. "Hello my angel." William cooed. "It had been so long since we last seen each other."

His hands glow a green flame, giving him a sinister look that frighten Judy more.