Ninety Six-Tired

Judy look out of her window of her room, sitting on her bed with Odette by her side. Odette look at Judy with a worried expression.

It had been two weeks since they escape from Cassandra's tower, luckily they are alive, both Judy and Varian. But still Judy felt like no matter what she do, she get pull away from any danger that can risk getting not only herself, but other she care about hurt too. Judy felt a tear on her eye and she wipe it away. She's tired of treated like a kid, tired of looking like she can't handle herself, and tired of being look weak. She need something to get herself stronger, not just alchemy.

She walk to Varian's lab, still in tack from before. She open a box from under a desk and pull out Varian's handmade sword.

She grip it tight and give it a few thrust, remembering what Cassandra did with her sword in the past.

Varian came in the lab, but stopped when he sees Judy with his sword. "Jude! What are you doing!?" He rush in and took the sword out her hands.

"Practicing." Judy answer. "I need to better my fighting skills to get stronger."

"Get stronger?" Varian gasped. "Judy, you could get hurt."

"Well it's better than being treated like a kid!" Judy yelled at him.

Varian stopped, staring at her like she is crazy. Not that she is completely crazy.

Judy look down, her voice starting to crack. "I have been treated like I am too delicate for this world, like any moment I could break easily and be damage." She said. "But this world isn't all rainbow and sunshine! I'm gonna get hurt and I had to learn to get myself back up! I can't stay weak like this!"

Varian walk to her. "Judy.."

"I want to be strong like Rapunzel and Eugene, to have a life of my own, be my own person and make my own choice." Judy continues. "I can't be overprotective again, it's too much for me. I want to be strong and be independent. Not looked weak and fragile." She croak a tear.

"After getting caught by Cassandra, it made me see that I can't outsmart anyone anymore. I had to fight back to survive." Tears fell from her eyes. "I don't want to be treated like a child, I'm almost sixteen, a age of maturity. I want to be my own person and be daring again.." she kneel to the floor and cried.

Varian kneel down and pull her on a hug, letting her get her episode out.

"I..I hate being weak and delicate.." Judy cried.

"I know..I know my angel." Varian said. "You are not weak, you are the strongest person I know. You are strong.."

All that was heard in the lab is Judy getting her vent out as Varian held her tight in his arms.

Meanwhile, far from the kingdom. The Pot's family all slept in the cart, tired from the traveling they've done.

Murlock was craving wood with his dagger and his gloves are off, revealing the brotherhood mark on his left hand. He wonder how is Judy doing.

Then a ray of blue light hit him. He close his eyes, then open them to reveal them glowing blue along with the mark.