Seventy- Gift of Magi

Thanks to slpytlak on Fanfiction.com for the idea.

-------------------------------------------------------------

(In Corona, it is snowing and the kingdom are decortaing their shops and house with christmas decoration. That's right, it's christmas eve, with christmas coming tomorrow. And walking through stores to stores is none other than Varian. After his redemption and his father finally free from his ember prison, all is going back to normal, well, almost normal. Judy Pot, Varian's new girlfriend, is staying in Old Corona with him and his father. And to make it speical, Varian want to buy the perfect present for her. He almost walk past a fabric store, when he stopped and stare from the store window. Coming in his way is Rapunzel, who is with Cassandra as they going through the kingdom, delivering gifts. Rapunzel see Varian, smiling and run to him as he stare inside.)

Rapunzel: Hey Varian, Merry Christmas.

(He didn't answer back, just keep staring. Cassandra made it, look at the window.)

Cassandra: What you looking at?

Varian: That.

(He pointed at what he was looking at. On a display, it a set of blue and teal tinsel ribbons tied together.)

Cassandra: A set of ribbons?

Varian: They would look great and go along with Judy's tambourine.

Rapunzel: Aww. She would love them.

Cassandra: (look at the price tag) Whoa, and only for ten coins. How you gonna pay for those?

(Varian pull out something from his pocket, showing only five coins. He frown of this. How is he going to get five more coins to pay those ribbons? He let out a sighed.)

Varian: Well...maybe I can help my villagers with their chores and that would get me some money.

Rapunzel: If it money you need, maybe I can give you some so you can buy the ribbons.

Varian: Thanks, but I rather do it on my own. I can find a way to get more coins.

Cassandra: If you say so. Later.

(She and Rapunzel walk away from the window and back to giving. At Old Corona, Judy look through how many coins she got to buy Varian a gift. So far, she only have three coins. She let out a groan.)

Judy: Great, I think I can give him a piece of paper for the thrill of it. How am I gonna get enough money to buy a present for him?

(Odette and Rudiger blink for a minute. They hear the door open, Judy hide the coin just when Varian came.)

Varian: Hey Judy.

Judy: Hi Varian. Find anything?

Varian: Not really. Not sure if I have enough money.

(He pull out his coins, then pull out something else. A shiny golden pocket watch.)

Judy: What a lovley watch.

Varian: Hmm? Oh, thanks. It was a little something my dad gave me when I turn thirteen. Couldn't find the time to buy a watch chain.

Judy: Really? How sad.

Varian: It's fine Jude. At least I have something of my father.

(Judy smile at him. She look at her coins from her hands and frown. If only she have enough money for him. For the rest of the day, the teens are out trying to get more money before Christmas come. Varian went to Corona in hope to find a job, but so far, all shops are close for the holiday. He try asking for money, but they turn away from him. Varian sat on the fountain, all sad. Then Cassandra came and sat next to him.)

Cassandra: Hey, you okay?

Varian: No. I try looking for a small job, I try asking for money, but none. I'll never get those ribbons. (pull out his watch) And it's almost a few hours till Christmas come.

Cassandra: (see the watch) Oh, what a lovely watch.

Varian: Hmm? Oh, thanks. It was a gift from my dad.

Cassandra: How nice. Must have been past down from generations.

Varian: It was. But that still doesn't help me with my problem with getting those ribbons. (got an idea) Or maybe it does.

Cassandra: Varian?

Varian: (get up) I gotta go. Merry Christmas.

(Then he went off running, heading to that shop. he knock on the door, open is the shop keeper.)

Keeper: Can I help you?

Varian: Yes, I would to sell something for a gift.

(The shop keeper stare at him, but he nodded and step aside for Varian to get in. A few hour later, Varian step out with a wrapped box.)

Varian: Thank you so much!

Keeper: My pleasure, you have a Merry Christmas!

(Varian walk away and head back to Old Corona. With Judy, she step out of a shop with a wrapped box and start heading back to Old Corna.)

Judy: Hope he'll love it.

(Later the next day, Quirin wake up the kids. They sat by their small Christmas tree with present under. Quirin open his and let out a smile.)

Quirin: Thank you both. I love my new hat.

Judy: It's nothing. Now come on! Open yours Vary!

Varian: Only if you open yours.

(They both grab their present and open. Varian pull out a golden chain.)

Varian: A golden chain?

(Judy pull out the tinsel ribbons.)

Judy: Ribbon? Varian, why did you give me ribbons?

Varian: Well why did you give me a chain?

Judy: Because I...(sigh) I want to get you something for your watch, so..I sell my tambourine to pay for it.

Varian: You...sell your tambourine? But.. I sell my watch to get you those ribbon to match with your tambourine. How can you give up something that means so much to you?

Judy: Cause I want you to be happy.

Varian: I want you to be happy as well.

(They both stare at each other, then let out a laugh.)

Judy: Oh boy, this is really strange.

Varian: Yeah, sure is. I still can't believe you gave up the one thing that made you you.

Judy: Vary, I am still me when I'm with you. I love you.

Varian: (smile) I love you too. Merry Christmas Judy.

Judy: Merry Christmas Varian.

( Quirin smile at this, seeing how the two are willing to trade anything to show their love. Cause he can see right there, that this is a gift of the magi.)