Forty Six- Belle

Notre dame AU. Song doesn't belong to me.

Plot: In the city of Paris, up in Notre Dame a Catholic Chruch, where live a bell ringer with powers of the moon. Varian is a lonely soul, raise by the harsh archdeacon Cludis and have strange powers to drain life and use destruction with only the statues of the saints to be his only comfort. On the Day of Fools, the gypsy Cassandra not only capture Varian's attention, but also Cludis, the captain Andrew and the poetist Lance. But only another gypsy, Judith "Judy" another lonely soul in Cassandra shadows, have capture Varian's heart fully.

------------------------------------------------

(Varian let out a loud scream of pain as he feel the whip on his back. And another and another. He could do nothing as he is being whipped by his torturer and watched by the large crowd of people laughing at his pain. Calling him freak, demon and moon evil. He cry out in pain, the whipping is too much to take, he cry and cry for it to stopped. After a while, it stopped and he is left to suffer under the hot sun over Paris. He cough out, throat feeling dry. He spoke in a dry voice.)

Varian: Water...please..water.

(His prayer was not heard, the laugher grow and grow. Till a older woman came with a canteen, she walk to the poor soul. He look at her, it was Cassandra. She hold the canteen to his mouth and he drink it all, he drink and pull out away with a cough. He look at her as she give a sympathetic look at him. He move his head to her hand, but she move it away with a disgusting look. Then, a hush came and the crowd parted. Coming in with her skirt carrying apples is a young woman in Varian's age. Her hair long in a ponytail, a off shoulder blouse to show her age, layer of skirts and a flat shoes as she walk to Varian. She sat next to him and took a apple out her skirt and held it by his mouth.)

Judy: Eat please, you must be straving.

(He look at her, but she give a warm, loving glaze that can warm any cold heart with a single look. He took a bite of the apple and eat it, tasting the rich, juicy flavor and shallow it. He look at her.)

Varian: Thank you.

Judy: (smile) You poor dear, can't believe they put you through this.

(She place a hand on his cheek, he lean in to feel it's comforting touch. And he kiss the palm oh her hand, the crowd gasp in shock, but she gasp in surprise as her face turn a bright red. Cassandra grab Judy by the shoulder and pull her away from Varian.)

Cassandra: Judith, did you let him do that?

Judy: Cassandra, he been though horrible torture. I don't want him to be hurt again.

Cassandra: Is that why your face is red?

(Judy turn away with a red face. Cassandra mind reel in at what s happening.)

Cassandra: You like him.

Judy: (red face) I..I..

(She walk away to hide her blushing red face, don't want all to see her face to know she have feelings for the bell ringer with moon powers. Varian watch Judy go away, he let out a smile. She is the first to never flinch away from him. Cassandra follow after Judy, but stopped when she see Andrew talking with one of the guards, she let out a smile. She head to the center of the street and dance for all to see. Judy sat on the foot of Notre Dame, looking up and daydream of what it's like to be there with a smile. Up in the bell tower, Varian limp inside with pain as he put on his tunic and put his gloves back on. When the statues of the saints came to life.)

Tikki: Varian, are you alright?

Varian: Yes, I'm fine. A little pain in the back, but fine.

Wayzz: But you were being punish for a crime you know nothing of.