4) Do I Like Him?

"COME ON OBITO YOU GOTTA BE FASTER THAN THAT!!" I yelled back at him, as he pushed himself harder.

A month ago, Obito and I decided that working on our agility before class, and during lunch and recess, was a key step in becoming a faster shinobi. And at this very moment, at six fifty five in the morning to be exact, I ran towards Rin, pushing myself as hard as my body would let me. Obito slowly caught up to me, and now we were neck and neck, both of us trying to win this little race of ours. After all, the stakes were high. If I won, then Obito would have to do my share of one hundred sit-ups! And if Obito won, then we would have to swap lunches! And mommy packed my favorite lunch today! So there's no way I can lose now...

I'm so close. If I can't be faster, then I'll never beat Kakashi.

I let that thought run through my head, the only motivation I needed to help make me run faster and faster. Before I knew it, we passed the tree with the swing, in other words, our finish line.

"So... Who won?!" Obito and I asked hastily at the same time, as we panted in front of Rin. She jumped slightly at our sudden outburst, but giggled to herself, before handing us bottles of water.

"It was really close... Really, really close!" She said, as we gulped down the water quickly.

"So"
"Who"
"Won"
"Rin?!" Obito and I asked, alternating each word.

"(Y/N)!" She said fast, and I jumped up and down, doing a happy dance.

"HAH!! I GET TO KEEP MY LUNCH!!" I screamed in excitement, as I continued to do my happy dance. Obito groaned.

"I'll get you next time!" He said. I smirked.

"I'll still do my one hundred sit-ups though!" I said smiling.

"But why? You didn't lose; I should have keep my end of the bet." He said and I smiled.

"How do I expect to grow any, if I skip out on sit ups?" I asked, and he smiled.

"Well... I won't complain then!" He said happily. All of a sudden, his face twisted up, and started to get sweaty.

"O-obito?" Rin asked.

"Are you okay?" I asked him and his eyes got watery.

"I drank too much water ha...ha... I GOTTA PEE!!" He got up and ran into the academy building, making Rin and I laugh.

"Just between the both of us, Obito actually won." She said giggling, as I looked at her in shock.

"HE WHAT?!"

"He won... But... I knew that you liked the lunch that your mommy made you... So, I might have said you won, just so you could keep it!" She said, and I smiled wide.

"Though I'm sad I lost... But I still got to keep my lunch because of you!! Oh Rin!! You're the best!!" I said, making her smile.
"Rin I know we are best friends, but you're also like the little sister I've always wanted!" I said hugging her before taking another sip of the water.

"Guys!!" Obito yelled as he came back to us. He looked upset.

"What's wrong?" Rin and I asked at the same time.

"K-Kakashi..." He said, balling his fist.

"Yes?" Rin asked.

"Obito! Spit it out!!" I said getting annoyed of waiting.

"I saw him. He's a Gennin now... He has the headband." He said, looking down at the ground disappointed.

"That must mean, he passed the actual test." I said, looking at him.