39) See You later Jerk

I watched the sky, as the sun began to lower itself towards the water. I wiped my eyes, as leaned back against the tree, trying to clear my mind. I moved my head up to look at the initials we had once created, noticing them slowly fading with time.

"I hope you two are doing better than I am." I said hopelessly, biting my lip as I closed my eyes.
"I miss you guys... So much..." I whispered, before sighing. I kept my eyes closed, as my mind began to race at the idea of being away from the village for so long. Being away from Kakashi, Naruto, even Asuma.

I know it's for the best. I can't hurt Kakashi, or Naruto, or the village if I'm far enough away.
But what about Master Jiriaya?
He'll be fine. I'm sure they don't call him a legendary Sannin for no reason.
I just don't want to hurt anyone. Not again... Not anymore.

I let out a deep sigh, rubbing my temples in circles. I listened to the sounds of nature, before I suddenly felt a chakra sense that I was not familiar with. I let out a gasp, grabbing on to a kunai quickly.

"Who's there?!" I snapped, jumping up to my feet. I quickly moved behind the tree, scanning my surrounds when I noticed a kid. I studied his features; raven black medium length hair that was pulled back, and wide red eyes that I knew all too well. He was holding a small paper bag tightly. I let out a small sigh of relief, as I put my kunai down.

"You're that Otoko girl, aren't you?" He asked. His voice soft and calm, as his eyes went back to black. I nodded slowly, putting my kunai back in my pouch.

"(Y/N). And you're an Uchiha I see." I said, as he nodded slowly.
"Itachi right?" I asked, as I sat back down against the training tree.

"You know me?" He asked, his calm demeanor turning shocked for a split second, making me giggle.

"I know of you." I stated, as he looked at me confused.
"Well obviously I don't really know you, ya know? I know who you are, and who your clan is. I know that you're already a Jounin, and that you're a candidate in joining the Anbu. It's an honor to meet you, Itachi." I said, as I looked back over to the water.

"An honor?" He asked confused.

"Well yeah!" I said with a giggle.
"I mean, you had an impressive track record at the academy. Not to mention you were the youngest person to become a Jounin! And to be a potential Anbu member at your age? It's always an honor to meet shinobi like you." I said, looking up at him with a faint smile, as he just looked at me, his lips trying not to curl upwards.
"How old are you now Itachi?"

"Ten." He said, looking down at the ground.

"Ten huh? You're practically an adult." I teased, making him look up at me, pride on his face.

"What are you doing out here by yourself?" He asked, moving a little closer to me.

"I come out here when I need to clear my head, or when I'm feeling sad." I said, as I patted on the ground next to me.
"You can sit if you'd like? I promise I don't bite." I said, as Itachi moved closer.

That's a lie; you bite Kakashi all the time.
Oh hush! He's a child.

Itachi slowly made his way next to me, and sat down. He looked a little uneasy, before he finally decided to lean against the tree, and watch the sun glow against the water with me. He held on tightly to the small paper bag.

"Why do you come here? Why not the training grounds or someplace else?" He asked.

"When I was a younger than you are now, my friends and I would come here every day after school to train until we were good enough to become gennin. Rin would always help Obito and I on the things we couldn't quite master. In fact, Obito and I used this tree to learn chakra control, and many other things. It's just a special place to me, with all the memories that I have with the people I loved more than myself. It just helps me get control my emotions, when I'm here." I said, biting my lip, missing my friends.