19) The Truth

I woke up to the sounds of birds chirping in the woods, as well as the low crackling of the fire. I opened my eyes slowly allowing them to adjust to the sunlight above me. I went to sit up, when I felt someone pull me closer, snuggling their head into my neck. I slightly froze in a panic, before I realized it was just Kakashi, and my heart rate went back to somewhat normal. I bit my lip, smiling and blushing at the position we were in. His warm body against my back and his hot breaths against the back of my neck made me shiver.

"Mhm...(Y/N)..." I heard him mumble lightly into my neck, making me blush.

"Yes Kakashi?" I asked him, making him jump. I felt him stir around, before he backed away from my neck, and sat up.

No... Come back...

"I'm sorry; I didn't realize I got so close." He said, flustered, making me giggle.

I'm not sorry...

"So tell me Kakashi." I said, rolling over on my side facing him.
"What were you dreaming about?" I asked playfully as he chuckled awkwardly.

"Who said I was dreaming?" He asked, giving a closed eye smile.

"Hmm... I don't know... Does the phrase Mhmmm... (Y/N)... Ring any bells?" I asked smirking, as I saw him start sweating.
"Are you okay Kakashi? You seem a little red there." I teased, as he cleared his throat.

"I-I think we should start walking. We do have four hours to go, before we reach the village." He said and I smiled, while packing up my things.

"Sure thing Kakashi." I said, as we started to walk through the woods, making small talk, as we made our way back to the village.

You sure are a spit fire. I definitely can see where the Otoko clan runs through you. You have your files, and we have ours. (Y/N) Sarutobi, who is originally a member of the Otoko clan, born in the hidden rain village, and raised in the village hidden in the leaves. I thought to myself, as I remembered what Roxas and Tae told me.

"Are you okay?" Kakashi asked.

"Oh uh, I'm fine, I'm not hungry!" I said looking forward and he chuckled.

"I didn't ask if you were hungry, I asked if you were okay loser." He said and I sighed.

"Yeah, I'm fine Kashi." I said blankly.

"This isn't about last night, right?" He asked and I shook my head.

"No." I said smiling looking down.
"There was nothing wrong with anything that happened last night." I said giggling, and blushing hard.
"It's just, I just have something on my mind that I would like to discuss with my father about." I said kind of blankly, looking towards the gates again.

"Well let's get the report done first, and then I'll walk you home okay?" He asked and I nodded.

"Y-yeah... That's fine Kashi." I said, as we walked into the gates.
"I can't wait to have my own shower though!" I said, and he chuckled, as we made our way down to the Hokage's office. Kakashi opened the doors for me, and I stepped inside, to see Minato Sensei and my father looking at plans on the table. They quickly looked up at the two of us, and gave us a warm smile.

"Glad to see you safe and in one piece (Y/N)." Minato said and I bowed. He looked over to Kakashi.
"Kakashi I-"

"Please don't revoke Kakashi's ninja rights, he saved my life." I pleaded.

"(Y/N) I wasn't-"

"Sir, he was just protecting me! If anything it's my fault we failed the mission." I pleaded more.
"So revoke my rights, not Kakashi's so that way-" Kakashi slapped his hand over my mouth.