45) Team Seven's First Mission

"(Y/N). I'd like you to stay after this consultation. I have the details pertaining to your new mission. It's a C-ranked mission, and I think it's a good enough one, to help get you back on your feet and into the sway of things." My father said, as I nodded.

"Yes sir." I said, waiting for orders. Iruka stood behind the Hokage's desk, with his arms crossed, a slight smile on his face. He was looking proudly towards his three former students.

"Oh! A new mission! Now we're talking!" Naruto said, before letting out a giggle.
"I can handle anything!! Believe it! Is it rouge ninja? Are we finally going to fight the bad guys?! Tell us old man!! What are we doing?!" Naruto beamed excitedly, as Sakura sighed. My father looked at him wide eyed, before letting out a light chuckle.

"Naruto." Kakashi and Iruka scolded, making Naruto look down at the ground.

"That's quite alright Kakashi and Iruka." Lord Third dismissed it, making Kakashi sigh.

"Yes sir." They said in unison.

"(Y/N) is going on a C- ranked mission. However, you Naruto, and the rest of team seven, have a long list of D-ranked missions that need to be completed before Thursday." My father added, making Naruto's mouth widen, before he started grunting.
"Which according to my paperwork, there is a missing cat report from Mrs.-"

"No!! I'm tired of these stupid D-ranked missions!!!" Naruto yelled, interrupting my father.

"Naruto!!" Sakura, Kakashi, and Iruka yelled in unison, making him cower down for a split second.

"What?! I can't expect to become the future Hokage one day, when we're stuck doing these stupid, pointless missions all the time!! I want to show off my ninja training, by taking out some of the bad guys!! I can do it!! Believe it!!" Naruto exclaimed, crossing his arms, while Sasuke let out an annoyed huff.

"You can't expect to become Hokage, let alone fight high class ninja, when you can't even catch a cat." Sasuke replied, making Naruto growl.

"Why don't you shut up Sasuke!! I caught Ruffles yesterday, with ease!!" Naruto copped back, cockily, crossing his arms behind his head.

"Oh please Naruto!" Sakura butted in.
"It took you forever to catch Ruffles yesterday. And even then, she basically made you her personal scratching post!" She stated matter-of-factly, making Naruto look embarrassed.
"A real ninja could catch a cat, and not maintain any wounds!" She said annoyed.
"Just like Sasuke." She added lovingly, making Naruto sigh.

"Yeah well- I am a real ninja!! It didn't even hurt!! Believe it!!" He said, as I let out a soft sigh.
"But I'm tired of catching these stupid cats!! And walking stupid dogs!! I want to beat up the bad guys!! How can I call myself a ninja, when I don't even have the chance to prove that I can do it?!?!" Naruto whined, making me chuckle.

"A mission is a mission Naruto. A D-Rank mission should be taken just as seriously as S-ranked one." Kakashi said.
"It's not always about beating up an enemy. In fact, it best to try and avoid altercations with another person if possible. Besides, a Gennin must complete so many D-ranked missions, before being allowed to move up in rank. You guys have only completed seven D- ranked missions. You still have a long ways to go, before you can just beat up the bad guys."
He added, making Naruto huff.

"Oh yeah? Well- WELL I'M NOT LEAVING UNTIL WE GET A BETTER MISSION! BELIEVE IT!" Naruto yelled, before sitting down on the ground, crossing his arms, and huffing.

"NARUTO YOU WILL NOT YELL AT THE HOKAGE LIKE THAT!! AND YOU WILL NOT CALL THESE MISSIONS STUPID!! YOU NEED TO-" Iruka was cut off, by Lord Third raising his hands up in silence.