30) The Fight

"Faster (Y/N)!!"

"I'm t-trying Kardama!!"

"You need to go faster!!"

"I'm g-going as f-fast as I c-can!!" I said nearly out of breath.

"You're not going to surpass yourself, if you do not push past your own limitations!" He said, as threw a kick towards my face, which I blocked with my own wrist.

"Y-yeah? Well I k-know my own limitations." I said, panting hard, as he gave me a slight glare.
"What... Don't look at me like that." I said, and he smirked.

"Let me ask you this, if your enemy knew of your limitations, do you think they would stop and let you take a rest?" He asked sarcastically and I rolled my eyes.

"Yes they would, in fact, they would probably insist on bringing me ramen noodles and tea as well!" I said crossing my arms, smirking, while Kardama let out a heavy sigh.
"Listen here buddy, its different when it's an actual life or death situation." I copped back and he chuckled.

"Is that an excuse I hear, misses I'm gonna do whatever it takes to be the best shinobi out there?" He asked and I sighed.

"Ya know, I think I liked it better when you didn't know how to be sarcastic nor mock me." I mumbled and he smirked.

"What can I say? Months around you, can change a person." He chuckled, and I rolled my eyes.

"Whatever chuckles." I said giggling.

"Are you chicken?" He asked and I raised an eyebrow.

"What did you just say?" I asked and he chuckled.

"I believe as the kids would say now adays... Bawk bawk bawk bawka" He said imitating a chicken.

"Oh it's on now!" I said, as I allowed our eyes to glow.

"Atta girl!" Kardama cheered as we ran towards each other, though I waited for him to make the first move.

"Dark blazing fire!" Kardama yelled, as roaring black flames shot from his hands and mouth, and I did a back flip to escape their deadly burns.
"Nice!" Kardama said, as I smirked and slid across the training grounds.

"Night-lights crystallization!!" I yelled out, as bright crystals filled with acidic water shot out, countering the flames, making Kardama have to dodge the remaining crystals that shot out.

"Nice counter attack (Y/N)!!" Kardama yelled out, as I was gasping for air.

"T-thanks I-" I was suddenly caught on Kardama's back, saving me from hitting the ground.
"T-thanks." I added, and he chuckled.

"Maybe I pushed you a bit too far..." Kardama said feeling guilty.

"No. You were right. If you were the enemy, you wouldn't hesitate to kill me at my weakest points in battle." I said and he nodded, before I slowly pushed myself off of him.

"I do think we should call it a day." He said, and I smiled.

"Now that is something I can agree on." I said, as he ruffled my sweaty head.
"Hey, did you know that tonight is the Chinese Lantern Festival?" I asked him and he shook his head.

"What is that?" He asked and I got excited.

"It's only the coolest festival in town! It's absolutely breathtaking. Lights everywhere, yummy food, fantastic decorations!!" I said excitedly, as Kardama smiled at me.

"What is it for?"

"It's to honor our fallen shinobi!" I said.

"That sounds nice." He said.