13) Losing a Comrade

Warning... The following chapter has self-harm in it...

"Alright let's go!" Minato Sensei said as we finished backing up our belongings.

"Right!" We said in unison, as we all ran to the half way point, where Minato Sensei would leave us.

"This is where we go our separate ways. Do your best all of you. Listen, the enemy that we encountered yesterday was just a loan scout. But now we should expect to fight teams. Be careful." Minato Sensei said.

"Let's get going then... Captain." Obito said to Kakashi, making all of us look at him in shock. Obito made a frowning face, while Minato Sensei smiled at him.

"Alright, let's go!" Minato Sensei said, before we split up. Team Kakashi ran through the forests, and bamboo, proceeding with cation around traps, doing anything we could, to keep our selves safe while completing this mission.

Suddenly, we stopped in the middle of small little stream. Bamboo pieces were thrown at us, but Obito and I quickly counter attacked it with our fire ball jutsu. We heard a bamboo snap, as we saw a man with puffy hair, flying down toward us. Kakashi took out two kunai, as they began fighting in the air.

"AHHHHHH!!" We heard Rin scream, as we all looked wide eyed behind us. The other man, had Rin unconscious.

"Give her back you fat douche waffle!!" I yelled, as he smirked at me.

"We'll be taking this one with us." The man said, as the puffy haired guy landed next to him.

"Wait!" Kakashi said worriedly, but they disappeared into the smoke.

"NO!" Obito yelled, before running the direction they were heading.

"Obito!" Kakashi and I yelled.

"Don't go after them!" Kakashi yelled, making Obito look back at him in anger.

"What?! Are you crazy?! Do you have any idea what you're saying Kakashi?!" Obito asked angrily, getting close to Kakashi's face. Kakashi just looked at the ground.

"Yes." He said sadly.
"The three of us have to complete this mission alone." He said to Obito and me, as I let out a gasp.

"You can't be serious, please telling me you're joking?!" I said, hoping he was kidding.

"And Rin?! What do we do about Rin huh?" Obito asked angrily.

"We'll come back for her later. Look, the enemy will want to find out what we are up too, so they won't kill her right away. Luckily Rin is a medic, so even if she ends up a prisoner of war, she'll be treated well. As long as she cares for their wounded, she'll be safe. But we'll be in serious trouble if the enemy has time to learn what our strategy is. If they do obtain that information, there's no doubt they'll increase the security on the bridge right away. That would make our mission, much more difficult." Kakashi said.

"Do you hear yourself right now?!" I asked angrily.

"But you're only assuming Rin will be safe, in these GUESSES of yours!! What if those guys who caught her, are just nobodies who don't know any better?!" Obito said really pissed off.

"Look, saving Rin takes priority over the mission, and that's that!!" I said to the two of them.

"We are shinobi; we must carry out our mission, even at the expense of our comrades. That's the law." Kakashi said robotically.
"If we fail, the war will be dragged on, and more lives than just Rin's, will be lost." Kakashi added.

"That's just another one of YOUR guesses!! Are you willing to desert her for a mere hypothesis?! How are you willing to abandon someone who has been through near life and death with you?! When we were wounded, Rin saved our lives with medical ninjutsu! Without her, the three of us would have died in the field A LONG TIME AGO!!!" Obito said, boiling red.