70) The Calm

Warning: I haven't spell checked or anything so this is ROUGH. other than that, please enjoy. 🤍

Kakashi and I slowly walked away from Jiraiya's stone that laid in the shinobi memorial grounds. I kept my eyes on the freshly trimmed grass, as my mind raced with different thoughts. I swallowed the lump in the back of my throat as I took in the fresh summer air.

I will avenge you Jiraiya... I promise. I don't know how, but I will avenge you.

I slightly jumped when I felt Kakashi's hand graze over my shoulder in a sympathetic notion. I released a quiet sigh, as I felt him lightly pat my shoulder.

"Why don't we go somewhere, just you and me? I think we could use a break from all of the constant negativity." He asked softly as I looked up at him and nodded.
"You need a breather."

"Sure...Where are you thinking?" I asked softly as he let out a small chuckle.

"Maybe somewhere that makes you happy? Or maybe somewhere Jiraiya liked to go... in his honor?" He asked causing me to slightly chuckle.

"The only places around here that would make Jiraiya happy is the hot springs, which is on the outskirts of the village, and any place where he could get his hands on some curvaceous ladies." I said shaking my head lightly, causing Kakashi's eye to widen.

"W-what?" Kakashi said with a laugh.

"That's what he said anytime he was going out for research." I said with a shrug.

"Well anyways, I don't see the harm." He teased, as I rose a brow.

"I know you wouldn't big man, but it's not happening." I said sassily.
"Besides, if you're putting your hands on anyone, it's me..." I mumbled.

"What was that?" He asked as I cleared my throat.

"Nothing, I was just talking to myself." I replied causing him to cock a brow, before letting out a sigh.

"Well seeing as honoring Jiraiya is out of the equation, and you managed to get yourself put into the leaf village isolation until said otherwise situation, I'd have to say that the possibilities for you (Y/N), are not exactly endless." He teased, making me roll my eyes and chuckle.

"Keep being a smart-ass Kashi and I'll ask if I can switch with Kardama..."

"You wouldn't." Kakashi teased.

"You know what, I may just do that... Yamato knows how to not be a smart ass twenty-four hours a day, seven days a week." I teased back, making him chuckle softly while we walked side by side.

"And have you missing out on hanging with the coolest Sensei of team seven?" he replied making me snort.

"I know you'd miss me." I responded as I felt his hand squeeze my shoulder lightly.

"Though I was implying myself... You might be right, but don't tell your very attractive boyfriend that, or he might just kill me." Kakashi said slyly making me giggle.

"Your secret is safe with me... If you tell me where you're taking me."

"Don't you trust me?"

"No." I said playfully making him gasp.

"You really know where to hit a man where it hurts." He said jokingly, causing me to stifle a small laugh.

"I could always strike a blow below the belt?" I said as his eye widened, before a smirk was underlined by his mask.
"I heard that hurts worst."