65) I Trusted You

"How long do you think it's been?" I asked Kardama who just bit his lip.

"I don't know, but for the sake of amusement, and the stench rolling off you, I'll say seven days." He said, as I frowned.

"Wait- HEY!!" I gasped as I threw a pebble at him.
"Dick!" I said as he chuckled.
"You smell worse than I do!"

"I'll admit, though I'm trapped in a hell hole, I'm relieved to not be alone anymore. It's almost bitter-sweet." He said softly as I sighed.

Seven days huh?
I wonder when we'll get a visit from Madara? Or Obito...

"Yeah, I guess I can agree... But this isn't exactly the reunion I was hoping for! So, any idea on that great escape plan?" I asked, as he shook his head.

"I had about as much as a plan as I did the first time that I thought about it." He said as I groaned.

"So in other words, nothing."

"Precisely." He replied, making me sigh.

"I got one!" I said as he rose a brow.

"I'm all ears." He said as I nodded.

"How about we wait for the next person to walk into the cell, and I'll jump them. I'll cover their eyes, and you make a run for it. Then you can get help." I said knowing very well that it was a ridiculous plan.

"Right! Then I'll just scurry to the leaf, and everything will be hunky-dory!" He replied sarcastically as I rolled my eyes and chuckled.
"I mean it's not like I've been supposedly dead or anything for years now! I'm sure they won't even question how I'm alive!"

"Easy with the back sass! It was more of a plan than what we got right now... I'm getting restless. I want to go home... Curl up in my bed, eat some real food. I miss giggling at Naruto and Sakura, when he says something stupid enough to get a punch from Sakura." I said with a giggle.
"I just miss them."

"Tell me about them." He said as I looked at him.
"I always told my little brother, when you miss someone... It always helps to run through your memories. I never got to meet Naruto or this Sakura. I'm curious." He replied as I smiled softly.

"Oh brother... Where to begin with those two." I teased, before letting out a sigh. I began to tell Karda all about Naruto and Sakura and how Kakashi and I were Co-captains of squad seven.
"All in all, when we get out of here, and go back home, I know they'll really love you." I ended, ruffling his hair, making him sigh.

"I don't think I should go back." He replied.

"And why do you think that?!" I asked in confusion.

"Because... I betrayed you last time. There's so much damage I could have prevented if I just would have-"

"I don't want to hear that. I forgave you a long time ago. Kakashi did too. I doubt that your decisions would have stopped anything anyways. So, don't hold all that blame on yourself, okay?" I said while placing a hand on his shoulder for reassurance.
"I love you. There's no doubt in my mind that Naruto and those kids will love you too. Kakashi misses you too, though he may not admit it." I said with a chuckle.
"If anything, they will be more accepting towards you I'm sure. You didn't leave them... I did however." I said softly.
"But we can cross that bridge when we get there, okay?"

*         *         *

"You bet that I'm going to die? You're always losing your bets Tsunade." Jiraiya said with a chuckle.
"But if I do manage to not make it out of this alive... If I can save her, I want you to promise me you'll take it easy on the girl." He said softly, as Tsunade's cheeks flushed from the alcohol.
"You would have done anything for Dan. You would have done the same thing for Nawaki too. We both very well understand her actions. I know you're the Hokage, a beautiful, strong and smart one at that. But (Y/N) is smart enough to know not to put herself into a position that she couldn't handle." He said softly, placing a hand on her shoulder.
"But don't you worry that beautiful big bosom  of yours Tsunade! I am one of the legendary Sannin after all!" He said with a booming laugh.