38) Three strikes, You're Out

Have you ever done something so cruel, something so vile at the wake of a moment's notice? One second you have everything under control, gripped within your reach, and the next moment it's like you've lost all grip on reality. I should have packed my things and headed with Orochimaru the moment his fangs penetrated my neck. But the second I chose my own path, was the second I created the first strike. And just like anything else in life, three strikes, and you're out. The second strike was the moment I reported my rendezvous with Orochimaru in the woods. I should have listened to my father the second he said:

"What are we going to do (Y/N)? We have no clue on what Orochimaru wants with you. And now he's marked you with a curse? And we haven't found a way to contain it yet, let alone even know what it does." Dad said his tone was full of worry.

"Which is exactly why you have some of the best shinobi that the Hidden Leaf has to offer, looking into it as we speak." I responded calmly, crossing my arms.

"Which is exactly why I believe you need to lay low, just in case. Maybe just focus on just taking care of Naruto until we can figure out what exactly has been done to you." He suggested, making me sigh, and run my fingers through my hair in frustration.

Of course, being the stubborn person I am, my response went a little like this:

"Lord Third... Actually no- dad- listen, I'm going to be fine. Okay? As long as I keep my cool... I'll be fine... No biggy, easy peasy lemon squeezy, just trust me. I've learned to control my powers once before, and I can do it again. No stupid curse mark is going to stop me, you better believe it!" I said, looking at the two uncertain faces of my father and his assistant, in front of me.

"I understand that (Y/N), but this isn't just a small curse mark, it's causing you to-"

"No stupid curse mark is going to stop me." I repeated, making dad stare at me with a look that I just couldn't quite decipher. He knitted his eyebrows together.

"It's Orochimaru we are talking about here, we can't just-"

"No stupid curse mark is going to stop me." I said firmly, making my father sigh.
"Just... Trust me... I've been through a hell of a lot worse. And when you guys can find a cure for this curse mark, then we won't have anything to worry about yeah?" I asked, calmly, as dad let out another sigh as he pursed his lips together.

"And if you can't?" He asked, making me raise an eyebrow.

"If I can't what?"

"If you can't keep control of this mark of yours (Y/N)?" He asked, and I sighed.

"Do you have no faith in my abilities father?" I asked, with slight annoyance. He let out a deep breath.

"As a father, I do believe you can do this. But you need to understand as the third Hokage, it's not just your best interests that I have to care about, it's also the whole village's. If you cannot control this curse mark, then as the Hokage, I'll have to figure out some other measures, until we can figure out how to stop this." He stated, an awkward tension slowly filling the room.

"If I can't control it, then you can lock me up, or send me on a mission for a while, or something." I said, looking up at the ceiling.

"Very well. But you only one chance (Y/N), and that's not up for debate. Just a single small incident and I'll have to do something about it. Are we clear (Y/N)?" He asked, and I nodded.

"Crystal." I said, smiling at him.
"One chance, and I've got this... No debates. But also, no need to worry!" I said excitedly, before turning around heading towards the door.
"Now if I'm no longer needed... I'll just be—"