5) I'm Sorry for Your Loss

I hadn't seen Kakashi at school for three days, which slightly made me confused. Not that I cared about him, but I was curious, as to where he disappeared to. What made me even more curious was that the day before he disappeared, he didn't say much. He didn't make a smart comment, nor did he really even try to do anything. He just sat there and stared at the area in front of him, until it was time to go home. And the one time, I managed to look into his eyes, they looked... Broken.

I decided that I was going to talk to my dad about it. I mean, what if Kakashi was kidnapped? The Hokage is supposed to protect everyone, including Kakashi.

On my way down to dad's office, I happened to overhear that the great White Fang of the hidden leaf recently died. I had heard of the man, but I didn't really know who he was. All I knew was that he was someone that the village looked up too. I decided that that was something else I would bother dad with. I bolted to the Hokage's office as fast as I could, mentally thanking Obito's and my training daily. I barged through the doors, interrupting whatever my father was doing.

"What is the meaning of- (Y/N)? What are you doing here?" He asked, as I tried to catch my breath.

"I-I think Kakashi is missing dad! I-I haven't seen him in a few days!" I said more worriedly than I intended.

"He is fine my child." He said, as he looked at me with the same look Kakashi had once given me.

"What do you mean he's fine? Have you seen him? D-do you know where he is?" I asked, as he sighed.

"I do... Now, will you come back in a little bit, I'm in the middle of-"

"Where is he?" I interrupted.

"He is at his house." He said, as I sighed in relief.

"Oh that's good. Now, who is the White Fang?" I asked him, as he sighed.

Considering the fact, that I had barged into his office, while he was in the middle of doing something, he sternly told me it was something that could be discussed at another time. Being the stubborn kid that I am however, I just crossed my arms and stood there, waiting for an answer.

"I'm serious (Y/N). I am very busy, at the moment." I just raised an eyebrow, as he cleared his throat. He let out a sigh, when he realized I wasn't going to leave him without an answer.
"Come here my child." He said as I walked closer to the desk.
"Please leave us." He said to his assistant. I walked over and sat on his lap, drawing on one of his finished scrolls.

He claimed that the White Fang was a man that was indeed strong, and was feared by many of our enemies. He single handedly could go against the legendary Sannin, and defeat them if he wanted too, that is, according to dad. I stared at him in awe, as he told me the story of this White Fang.

"Wow... He must have been really powerful, and strong." I said, as he nodded.

"Indeed he was my child." He stated as I frowned.

"What happened to him?" I asked him as he looked down at me. He let out a sigh.

"Sakumo and his team were sent on a mission of great importance to Konoha. When his team-mates' lives were endangered, Sakumo chose to abandon the mission in order to save them. This is against the rules of being a shinobi." He said, as I looked confused.

"B-but, I don't understand? Why is that a rule? People's lives are important too dad." I said, and he sighed.

"The shinobi of the hidden leaf are important. That much is true. But it's the king, who shinobi should die protecting, not themselves. The mission comes first; it must always come first my child. It's the very vows you make when becoming a shinobi." He said.