56) Clay Art

Team seven hadn't been the same without
(Y/N), not by a long shot.

Sakura found herself watching Naruto train more then she normally would. She had so many questions she wanted to ask (Y/N). She had so many questions about her too.

Was she safe?

Did they brainwash her?

Will they ever see her again?

W-was she dead?

She found herself wanting to be as useful as she could be, by making copious amounts of food pills to help keep up Naruto's energy, even if they tasted horrible.

As she watched Naruto training in the woods with two of her Sensei's, she couldn't help but think about how much different Kakashi Sensei had been since (Y/N) Sensei's disappearance. It has only been a few weeks, but the shift in Kakashi's behavior, made her understand just how much he was struggling with this lack of information.

Naruto had forced himself trained harder than he had ever trained before. He had a bigger purpose to fulfill now. He even managed to put his retrieve Sasuke mission on hold for the moment. He wasn't doing this hard work just for Sasuke anymore, but for his Sensei. He knew she wasn't a traitor, and even then, he couldn't convince himself that she was one. Sasuke would become his main priority again in time, but only after he had gotten (Y/N) Sensei back. He was going to prove that she was with the good guys, that it was all just a misunderstanding. Right?

Yamato couldn't shake the idea of (Y/N) willingly going with the enemy. It just wasn't sitting well with him. He knew people could change, but she loved Kakashi and her comrades more then most things, she wouldn't have just willingly left. Right? Not for the reason the Hokage and the others were thinking.

He couldn't stand to watch Kakashi internally crumbling over it either. He looked up to Kakashi and (Y/N) for most of his life, after all. This whole situation just didn't seem right, but he had other things he needed to focus on at the moment, like maintaining enough chakra to keep up with Naruto's endless amount of chakra.

Sai didn't really understand much of the situation, but he was trying too. He had to admit that he found himself having this feeling of saudade, something he had read in his book. He knew they all did. He didn't have many moments with their Sensei, but the moments they did have, he knew that she was kind. She welcomed him to the team, after Naruto, Sakura, Yamato and himself had gotten back from their mission on getting information. She even took them all out for ramen. He couldn't fully grasp the concept of love, but if he had to put actions to such a word, he knew that (Y/N) showed a lot of it to team seven.

Kakashi Hatake was definitely taking this the hard way. He had many mixed emotions.

He hated her for leaving.

He absolutely hated that she left, and that the very prediction he had told her about, had come true.

He hated himself for not being beside her, and Asuma, protecting his lover and his comrade with his own life. Asuma had become a brother to him, a brother that he had lost within the blink of an eye.

Kakashi worried for (Y/N). He was so scared that if he was to see her again, that maybe it was all true. She joined the Akatsuki and the next time they saw each other would be on the battle field where-

no -

he couldn't dare think of such things. He worried that they were hurting her. What if their fight was the last words he'd ever get to say to her, because they kill her. He was so cold to her, and he hated himself for that. He shouldn't have done and said such things. He wanted nothing more but to hold her in his arms again, and shower her with kisses and love until she knew just how infatuated he was with her.