67) Welcome Back Home

A small grunt left Kakashi's mouth, as he quickly grabbed ahold of Kardama before he could hit the ground. His eye widened as he stared down at the man before him.

Who are you? He questioned as he looked out to see one of Jiriaya's toads.

"Kakashi, if you would be so kind as to get the other one out of my mouth." Kio begged, as Kakashi looked back at the guy and nodded. He sat him down carefully, and headed quickly over to the toad's mouth.

"Who are they? Are they members of the Akatsuki?" He asked as he headed near the toad's mouth. His questions were quickly answered when he saw a very familiar face.
"(Y/N)...?" He said nearly breathlessly as he stopped for a mere second.

"I'd appreciate if you would both get off of my tongue." Kio said in a jumble as Kakashi jumped, and grabbed (Y/N)'s body, carrying her bridal style.

"Sorry..." He said with an awkward chuckle, before looking back down at her. His heart raced, as he squeezed her tightly, his eye slightly watery. He felt an anger in his heart the longer he stared at her bruised face. He went on to his knees, as Kio began to shrink down.
"Where's Jir-"

"I advise getting these two to the hospital, then we can discuss on the topic a little further." Kio said, as Kakashi cleared his mind and nodded.

"Watch him. I'll be back for him next." He said, as Koi shook his head.

"Place him on my back, I'm sure he needs the medical attention too. Jiriaya's orders." He replied as moved (Y/N) to his back, before dragging Kardama on to the toads back.
"Let's go now." Kio added as Kakashi nodded, and they took off into the darkness.

"I'm going to need answers." Kakashi said to Kio, who nodded as they made their way to the hospital.

"I understand that. And you'll get your answers as soon as they are both safely in a hospital room. I'm sure Lady Tsunade will want the story too, and I do not wish to repeat myself." He said as Kakashi frowned under his mask.

His body shivered, not from the cool night sky, but knowing that he has (Y/N) in his grasp, and would soon learn what she went through. He needed to know, though from the state of her condition, he feared the worst. He tightened his grip on (Y/N) as Kio and Kakashi made it into the hospital.

"I need immediate attention." He commanded feverishly, as medical ninja quickly got up and began to head towards them.

"Do we know the names of the two-"

"(Y/N) Otoko... Sarutobi?" Kakashi said in confusion, as they got her off of his back.
"Uh, we never really figured that part out..." He trailed off, as the medical ninja rose a brow.

"And the male?" The man asked as Kakashi looked over at Kio, before staring at (Y/N).

"Kardama Otoko." He stated, as Kakashi's head snapped towards his direction.

"W-what?" He asked in confusion as he stared at Kardama.

"Easy there my boy, you might just get whiplash." He teased as Kakashi's heart thumped.

"Sir, we don't allow pets inside the facility." A random nurse spoke up, causing Kio to glare at him.

"You humans are unbelievable!" He spat.
"Here we are with two unconscious human beings near you, in horrible condition may I add, and you're focused on me? How dare you call me a pet! Do I look like a pet to you?! I could eat you for lunch small fry!" He ranted, causing the nurse to shiver.
"I am a mighty toad! Summoned by Jiraiya himself! I demand some respect!" He added, as Kakashi stared at (Y/N) and Kardama.