12) The Kannabi Bridge

Seriously?! Where are you Obito! I can only defend you so many times, before even I have no energy left to argue with Kakashi.

Suddenly Obito came falling from the sky, rolling on to the ground, landing in the dirt on his face.

"Obito!" I said worriedly, running over to Kakashi, to help Obito up.

"Did I make it?!" He asked out of breath, looking at a very stern looking Kakashi. I rolled my eyes and giggled at him.

"No, you're late Obito." Kakashi said crossing his arms, as he hunched down to get somewhat closer to Obito.
"What? Did you forget what time we were all supposed to meet? When you're a full-fledged shinobi, you're expected to follow all the rules and regulations!" He said sternly.

"Well I was on my way, but a feeble old lady with these heavy bags, asked me for directions. I- I mean, I got something in my eye, I uh-"

"If you're going to lie, at least make up a good one!" Kakashi said scolding Obito.

"Ah come on Kakashi, give Obito a break." I said.

"Alright Kakashi, that's enough. I'm sure Obito showed her the way... Obito...Right?" Sensei asked, giving Obito a break.

"Ah, yeah! Haha, I carried her bags too... Haha!" Obito said nervously, as he put eye drops in his eyes.

"You're all too easy on him! Every time Obito's late, he says he stopped to help some needy person-"

"Actually it's old feeble ladies Kakashi, but carry on." I said interrupting him causing him to glare at me.

"Whatever. Look, ninja's who break the rules and laws are regarded as nothing but scum! Isn't that right?" Kakashi asked Minato Sensei, who laughed awkwardly.

"Don't you even have a shred of kindness in that heart of yours? All you ever talk about is rules and regulations! The key is self-control!" Obito said to Kakashi, who let out an angry growl at Obito.

"Alright... Let's just calm down you guys! We're all on the same team remember?" Rin asked, and I nodded.

"Besides you two, Obito is here now, so we can continue forth with the mission. That's all that matters right Kakashi?" I asked him and he scowled at me.

"You're all too easy on Obito. Remember, today is also a special day for me!" He said looking at Rin and me.

"O-oh... Y-yes of course!" Rin said giggling. Obito looked confused.

"Why is that again?" Obito asked, as we all started to walk towards our mission.

"Starting today, Kakashi is a Jounin, just like I am. For this mission Kakashi and I will break up into two teams. That makes us more efficient. After all, the Leaf's military strength is the lowest it's ever been." Minato Sensei said.

"We're splitting up? S-so then..." Obito trailed off.

"That's correct. Kakashi will be captain of a four man squad, with you, (Y/N), and Rin, Obito. And I'll be working alone." Minato Sensei said.

"Remember we discussed this the other day? We talked about getting Kakashi a gift." Rin said, and Obito looked jealous.

"Sorry... I guess I wasn't listening." Obito said annoyed, making Kakashi glare back at him. I couldn't help but giggle.

"Well! Here's what I got for ya! A custom made kunai knife! It's a little heavy, and a little unconventional, but I'm sure you'll manage, and get used to it quickly!" Minato Sensei said, throwing it to Kakashi. Kakashi caught it, giving it a twirl.