43) Seal the Curse

"A turtle neck huh?" Master Jiraiya asked, with a perverted chuckle, as my face flustered.

"It's not what you think pervert." I stated blankly, with pink flashing my cheeks.

"Oh really now?" He asked with a sly smirk.

"Really!" I said defensively.
"There was a light chill this morning... That is all." I said nonchalantly, causing the pervy Sannin to let out a booming laugh.

"A little chill? (Y/N) it's the middle of summer." He said, before he ruffled my hair.
"Not to mention, it's hot right now. I mean look at you, you look like you're dying to get out of that heat stroke of a death trap." He added with a chuckle.

Don't remind me...

"Look, I'm pretty sure all of Konoha knew what your late night activities were going to before you even got here. You could have saved yourself the trouble, and just owned up to being young and in love." He teased, as I rolled my eyes.

"Ya know, I'm trying to be a good person and do a simple farewell and wish you good luck for you on your next mission, until you come back to the village again. Yet, you're making me regret my decision." I said grumpily, as Jiriaya let out another laugh that made me giggle.
"Jiraiya?" I asked, staring off into the distance, making him stop laughing.

"Yes (Y/N)?"

"Do you think...? Now that I'm back... That Orochimaru or that masked man will be back... For me?" I asked, making Jiriaya sigh.

"If they do, they'll be sorry." He said, with a serious look in his eye, making me chuckle.

"I can fight my own battles Jiraiya, you know-"

"I never said any of us would fight your battles (Y/N)." He said, cutting me off.
"They'll just be sorry. You're not a naive nineteen year old little girl anymore who honestly had too much to handle. I believe that you're a beautiful strong woman now, who can fight her own battles, and if anyone tries to stop you... You'll show them their place. So let them try." He said with a smile, before pursing his lips. He rested his fingers on his chin in a thinking notion.
"Hmm, but if they do, I doubt they would be stupid enough to go alone, or even in just small numbers." He said, before looking into my eyes.
"If that happens, you need to put your pride to the side and allow those who care about you, to help in those battles.

"But Master Jiraiya—"

"Even the greatest of leaders rely on their soldiers sometimes (Y/N)." He said, ruffling my hair, before pulling me into a hug.
"And you have many soldiers ready to help you." I stiffened up in the embrace, but smiled and returned the hug.

"I'm gonna miss you and your confusing, yet somehow understandable, advice." I teased, making him chuckle.

"Just be safe, and remember that not all battles are meant to be, nor can be, fought alone." He said, we pulled away.

"But don't you fight most of your battles alone?" I asked, eyebrow raised as he laughed and started walking past the gates, but stopped and turned around to face me. He pointed at himself triumphantly.

"Yeah... I'm an exception." He said, as I raised an eybrow.

"I don't think that's how it works." I said, making him chuckle.

"Of course it does. I am Master Jiraiya, the man who-"

"No! None of that! I've heard that too many times!! Just... Keep walking!!" I groaned as he boomed with laughter.

"I'll see you around (Y/N)." He said before suddenly disappearing quickly into the trees.

"See ya—Jiraiya." I said before looking down at the ground chuckling. I shook my head, before walking away from the entry, with a chuckle.