53) For the Love of a Brother

Please enjoy the song up there about Hidan, idk why I find it so funny. But I do. you won't regret it 😂

"ASUMA!!!" I screamed, as I watch his eyes widen before I felt a sharp pain in my neck. He didn't say anything, he just stared at me as I started to feel woozy.
"Asuma..." I whispered, before my world went entirely black.

* * *

"RISE AND SHINE PRINCESS!" Asuma shouted, making me fall out of bed and groan.

"Asumaaa!" I growled, as I sat up and rubbed the back of my head.

"Well it's nice to see you finally awake." He teased as I rolled my eyes.

"Yeah, well, no thanks to you." I said sarcastically as he chuckled.

"Is that anyway to treat your favorite brother?" He asked as I sighed.

"You're my only brother, and even then you're not even my brother." I stated as he held a hand out for me to grab. I took it, as he lifted me up off the ground, before I dusted myself off.

"Yeah well, get dressed, the rest of the squad is waiting on you loser." He said as I stretched.

"What? No breakfast? No silly puns?" I asked, as he shook his head.

"Not today."

"B-but I'm hungry..." I said as my stomach rumbled.

"Well then, hurry up slow poke." He said, as he shut the door. I looked quickly in my closet and put on my long sleeve shirt and black pants, and shoes. I headed over to my dresser, and picked up the picture of Kakashi and I with the rest of the kids, and I smiled to myself, before frowning.

"I love you guys." I said softly, as I placed the picture down and pulled out a small journal, and pencil from the drawers near the bed. Next to it, I noticed the matching black mask that I've worn on rare occasions. I smiled at myself remembering that Kakashi gave that to me for my birthday many years ago. I bit my lip as I placed the mask around my neck, and lifted it over my mouth and nose, making me feel mysterious and edgy.

Damn... I look good.

I let out a sigh, as my eyes looked back at the journal, as I contemplated even leaving a note. After a few seconds of thinking I ripped out a page and began to write on it.

Kakashi,

I know that you're probably hoping that I chose to stay, but you're more than liking coming to the conclusion that I chose to go with my brother and the squad for this mission by now.
I need you to understand that I just can't lose anyone else. Not Asuma, not Naruto, not Sakura, not Konohamaru, not the rest of the village, and especially not you. I've lost too much, to risk it all on a whim. Which is exactly why I've made the choice I have. I love you, and I'm willing to do everything in my power to protect you and the other people that I care about. Whatever it takes right?
I hope it doesn't come down to this, but if worse comes to worse, I have a plan, that just might work, but I know you won't like it. It may even make me seem like the bad guy at some point, but I just... I just need you trust me.
I will never do anything to betray this village which is exactly why, I'm only telling you to remember who I am, because I have a feeling if my plan gets put into action... And it goes wrong... Many people will be against me.
I know at this point it's kill or be killed, which is exactly why I must do what I have to do.
I've always learned that the calm comes before the storm, and to some degree it's been too calm.
I contemplated staying, I truly did. The only reason I even thought of staying was for you and those kiddos.
But I knew, that if I lost just one more person... I was scared I would snap, and end up destroying the very thing I loved in rage.
I can't do that.
My heart belongs to this village, and it's people, to those kids and our friends, but more importantly my heart belongs to you.
I love you more than life itself, and if by chance this all go wrong, I hope that one day you can forgive me. But I promise you, that when this is all over, no matter what, I'll be back into your arms, and we are going to make those dreams we have a reality, if you'll let me...