PROLOUGE

PROLOUGE

Sitting at the back of the limo, I had my headphones plugged in with music that was blasting into my ear

Sitting at the back of the limo, I had my headphones plugged in with music that was blasting into my ear. Along with my knees curled to my chest. I began to play with my fingers staring down at the long fake acrylic nails.

I could lowly hear my new limo driver saying something but I chose to ignore knowing if it was important he'd raise his hand up.

Right now peace is all I wanted.

"Ms.Haung we're pulling up to Mindge University" My driver said just as I took my earbuds out.

"Okay, just leave me at the corner. I don't want to make a scene" I replied pulling my backpack closer to me.

He nodded understanding,"Your Father also wants you to call him once you leave school"

I bit back a scoff only nodding.

My Dad only wants to start speaking to me once I leave Singapore? How about when all the stuff happened? What was I? A ghost?

When the driver pulled to the curb I muttered a small thank you before exiting the car and walking up to the University.

I know what your thinking. Why am I going to Mingde University? Well it's suppose to be the best college of all in China and since I was the top student in all my classes I was automatically put there once I decided to move back here.

My childhood home.

When I reached the school I went straight to the campus and went to several students to get my class schedule and badge.

Now today was the day for me to have a fresh start. What happened can't change. I have to act like everything's fine. So that when it starts to become normal it doesn't feel like pretend anymore.

It's the only way I'll make it through.

I looked around for the entrance but froze when seeing all the daughters being hugged by their own moms.

One in particular cried while the daughter looked around in embarrassment.

I wanted to smile, deep down I felt like it but instead I just walked away feeling my breathing hardened.

Images of my Mom and I were popping up that my chest began to almost hurt like a punch in the gut. I blinked several times hoping my vision that was beginning to blur clear up the fog.

But I snapped out of the episode I was about to go through when I tripped over my own heels and bumped into the person in front of me. I cursed as my knees hit the ground. I couldn't go a day without falling.

"I'm sorry" I apologized slowly standing back up to my feet.

When I looked up it was a group of two girls and one guy. The somewhat tall guy was dressed in a blue styled coat. While one girl with the white cardigan held her long hair in a ponytail. Another girl was with them but she had a short hair and wore an oversized pink hoodie.