Better Watch Out

Just because it happened in the past. Doesn't mean it didn't happen
xoxo, NY.

That..that was the message I received last night. I couldn't go to sleep. I kept thinking that at the corner of Si's guest room was NY, watching me with their devious eyes, waiting to attack me at any second.

I had to leave Si's house and sleep at my own place. My mind just couldn't take another second being there.

But I knew I had to come back. Especially since I told Shancai I'd give her a lift to school. I walked in with their butler kindly leading me to where they were as I began to hear Zhaung tell Shancai to improve a dish.

I quietly peaked from the corner seeing as Shancai and Zhaung were saying to each other a really complicated line that I could never remember,"Don't feel too proud. Keep working hard. Be diligent at all time—"

"As if the brink of a deep abyss, as if treading on thin ice" they both said with confident smiles.

Si tilted his head like a lost puppy,"Ice cream?"

I quietly giggled shaking my head.

"Let's just eat" he quickly brushed off,"Besides I wanna bring some to Kiara. Let me say that I made one of these dishes for her" Si said to Shancai who only rolled her eyes.

"Well that wouldn't be nice" I said coming out of the corner. The three looked at me as Si instantly stood up coming to me.

"Where'd you go? I didn't find you when I went to go look for you" Si began.

I smiled and avoided his question looking up at his hair,"Hey would you look at that, your hair isn't in its pineapple form. It's cute" I playfully flirted.

Si frown was replaced with a shy look with blush now showing on his pale cheeks.

I chuckled and grabbed his arm,"Come on Si just like you said let's eat Shancai's delicious food"

Shancai smiled proudly as I gave her a high five. The four of us ate for a bit before heading down to school.

Shancai had left going to the cafeteria asking Quinghe and Li Zhen about the dessert she made the night before. I was out walking around looking for a particular person.

While driving I had gotten a call from my old classmate Taeyeon. Apparently he wanted to talk cause he heard the news that I came back to my hometown.

But we use to go to school together back in Korea. Before I moved again to Singapore for my second year of high school.

We weren't exactly close but we knew each other enough to say hi.

I crossed my arms walking to the side of the school near the garden as I saw Taeyeon standing there in the distance.

He told me to meet him here. Since he didn't want to make a scene at my school. I didn't mind his situation. I didn't want Si to see me with another guy.
Considering how protective he was over me.

"Didn't think I'd ever see you again" I said in Korean grabbing his attention.

Taeyeon was one of those guys, girls admired in the distance. You could stand close to him but never quite reach him. He was nice but he didn't like to stand out in the crowd.

"Hey Kiara, it's nice seeing you again" he smiled with his hand going through his short black hair.

I nodded unfolding my arms,"I don't want to sound rude but why did you want to meet me Taeyeon? We're not that close to be meeting up like this"

Taeyeons smile everyone envied dropped turning to cold expression. It made me quite surprised. But I knew well enough I wasn't one to show it.

He pulled his phone out and showed me the screen,"This is you, right?"

I squinted my eyes looking at his phone seeing it was NY's phone number. Oh god.

Just because it happened in the past. Doesn't mean it didn't happen
xoxo, NY.

I glanced between him and the phone. This was the same text I got last night.

Why the hell would NY be contacting him? NY only ever contacted me because of Boras death.

"Look at it carefully, it's not my number" I told him.

He instantly shook his head,"You could be using another phone you bought. You have the money for it" he argued gritting his teeth.

I scoffed in disbelief,"Why? Is there something your guilty about? What did the Kim Taeyeon do to Bora?"

I wasn't expressing it. But deep down I felt pissed, more guilty. The more reason I deserved this punishment.

He glared looking at me up and down,"You have another phone don't you?" He questioned ignoring my words. He shoved his phone into his pocket and now put his hands on me.

"Give it, Where is it?" He began touching the top part of my jeans and stomach. I struggled pushing him with all my strength,"Yah, Kim Taeyeon!" I screamed.

He continued to search, throwing my phone to the ground once he got a hold of it,"Let go! Don't touch me, I'm not the one sending you messages" I tried to explain.

He gripped my hips and screamed in frustration. He threw me to the ground as my head hit the ground. I groaned out in pain suddenly beginning to hear my heart beating against my chest.

"Who the hell are you touching her!?"

I widened my eyes scared. I weakly lifted my head seeing Si stand there. No, no, no. Without a second it felt like my energy had recharged.

I shook my head repeatedly. I reached my arms out to him using my body to block Si from Taeyeon,"Si I'm okay, see I'm not bleeding, I'm okay" I assured.

"Who the hell is he touching you like that? Has he lost his mind!?" Si yelled. I placed my hands on him trying to stop him but he continued trying to get at Taeyeon.

I did the only thing I could think of and went behind Si and pulled him to me, hugging him from behind,"I mean it, please stop!" I begged stopping him.

Si froze in his steps. His chest heaving up and down seeing his fists tighten hard I could no longer see a hint of his natural skin tone.

I breathed in and out trying to relax my beating heart.

I leaned my head into his back and shut my eyes scared, holy shit.