Hunger Inside

With the camera and bag of food inside the gift bag, I exited the car immediately feeling Si grab a hold of my hand. We met each other's eyes feeling a smile erupt on my lips.

We walked up to a clubhouses rooftop where a cream silver bed lied there with glowing lights shining our way.  It gave us perhaps one of the best views of China.

I smiled shocked,"Oh my god" I muttered in English,"This view is amazing" I said to him. I went to the railing resting my arm on it. I scanned through the buildings admiring how the city still was alive despite how late it was.

It reminded me of the nights where I couldn't sleep. Where I would rest at the window watching the day get deeper into the night.

Si came to my side,"This clubhouse is my families. The last time my mom came here she wanted to renovate it. I guess she hasn't renovated it yet." He answered.

I nodded,"Oh.."

"Do you know the M hotel?" He suddenly asked.

I nodded,"I've stayed there several times before I decided to go to my own Fathers hotels."

"My family owns that business"

Interesting..guess our families business were commonly known throughout Asia.

I nodded as while I took that piece of information my thoughts trailed to the events that recently occurred. It felt like I had ruined his birthday party.

"Hey, I'm sorry I ruined your party. I didn't mean to cause a fight with your Mom" I apologized ashamed.

"It's fine. I'm not close to my mom anyway. To her, maybe her work is more important than me. That's why I have no memory of her. Don't mind what happened. I'll make decisions for my life, like you."

"It's not easy I'll tell you that" I lightly chuckled,"I've been at this for a good 4 years. Even if I'm away from my Dad I still think of him. Seems like even if I make my decisions independently I still can't help but think of him. Just like how my Mom probably did."

Si didn't say anything back but I could feel his eyes on me. I leaned to my palms putting my chin on my palm sighing.

"Have you..ever looked at the sky and reached your hand out hoping to catch a star to make a wish come true? J..Jia and I use to do that when we were kids. We use to play hide and seek that whoever seemed the longest got to make a wish. I would be extra and reach my hands out thinking that I could easily touch the burning star" I said remembering every single detail of the memory.

I could remember the way Jia would dress, how the weather was. The memory was too important to forget. It scared me if I ever did forget it.

"You don't really talk about your sister much" Si blurted out.

I turned to him. I looked away from his melting chocolate eyes let out a heavy sigh,"Yeah..I guess with time it's getting slightly easier to talk about her."

I ignored the silence that fell over us. I didn't know what Si was thinking. Quite frankly I didn't want to know.

I began to walk over to bed putting the gift bag down. I was about to turn around to Si but I froze when I felt him hug me from behind.

"When will you be honest about your feelings toward me?"

Oh god, not this again.