Mother

I could feel Shancai stiffen next to me. I wanted to tell her to stand straight. That these people in particular liked it when we showed slight fear. It made them feel more superior than ever. It was sickening.

"Who are you two?" The lady questioned eyeing us.

I eyed the women up and down. She resembled many features with Daoming sister. I could now see it. This was their Mom.

Si suddenly came to our sides. He wrapped his arm around my waist bringing out attentions to him,"Si are they your friends?" She questioned.

Si nodded, I could feel his hands slightly shake while answering,"Yes."

"Escort them out then."

I looked at her like she was crazy. She was kicking us out? For just some ruckus?

"Excuse me what?" I scoffed.

"You heard me" she replied back calmly.

"I know" Daoming Si said beating me to it. We both exchanged glances,"But I'm afraid I can't do that"

His mom raised an eyebrow. I could hear her thought exactly. It was like a mirror action of my Dad and I,"What did you say?"

Si's eyes trembled. He licked his lower lip keeping himself composed,"I want to take this opportunity to formally introduce someone important to me. Her name is Huang Kiara. She's the girl that I like. I hope you can accept her"

"Do you realize what you just said?"

"I do."

His Mom eyed me up and down. She gave me a small fake smile,"Huang Kiara..Your family..I've heard so much about your families wealth in Singapore. You have a lot for someone your age"

So she's heard of my family and I.

"Ms.Daoming, Kiara goes to Mindge University" Ximen piped in.

"That's right—"

"Shut up, I'm not talking to you two"

I glanced at the two sympathetically. If she wasn't Daoming Si's Mom I would've gave her an attitude check. Someone like her didn't scare me. My Dad was the one I had to be careful and clever around.

"Your father I know is very dedicated to his work. He is one of the top business mans in all of Asia" his Mom continued to say circling around me.

Her voice..I could sense a hint of jealousy.

"And what about her? Who is she?" Daoming Si's Mom gestured to Shancai.

"She's my cousin" I immediately lied,"My other cousins Chen and Mira are here as well" I said looking over at them.

The two nodded coming closer to us for Daoming Si's mom to see.

"Interesting..well with a person who comes from such a big family must have a lot of talents" she was testing us, I could see it clearly.

"Ma'am there's much more to us with the talents we have" I politely replied.

Ms.Daoming nodded with an unreadable expression,"Very well then, you are right Huang Kiara. It's a shame my son wants you. I can already see your a girl with ill mannered."

"Mom!" Si warned pulling me closer to him,"Kiara is not like that."

"Daoming Si being with this girl is already trouble. Her father is more difficult than most business men"

"I don't care whose father she is" Si interrupted,"I like her, and aside from her, I wouldn't accept any other girl. I like her, I said. What can you do?"

"It's not up to you"

I bit my lower lip nodding before giving his mom a forced smile,"It's not up to my Dad either. What many don't know is that my Dad doesn't control me as others think. I control my path not the man I share blood with"

Si's mom turned to me. She didn't have a surprised expression but her eyes said it all.

Si grabbed my hand. I looked at him as he gave me a nod,"I'll be leaving with her" he said turning to his Mom.

Si and I took several steps away but I stopped as I glanced back to Mrs.Daoming,"If you leave there will be consequences."

"Si" Ximen called. We turned to him as he tossed Si's keys. Before Si could catch them I caught them and looked over my shoulder. Chen, Mira and Shancai gave me encouraged looks.

I nodded determined and held Si's hand,"Let's go."

We walked out heading ignoring the stares we felt. However, that didn't concern me. What scared me was my inner thoughts. How I wasn't regretting this. Did Si regret it?

I glanced back at the house then to him,"Are you sure you want to do this?" I questioned continuing to walk to our cars.

He nodded looking ahead,"She can't control me forever."

He was right but it was safe to ask.

I smirked gesturing to my car,"I'll follow you out then."

Si opened his mouth but I simply let go of him tossing his keys to him before heading to my car and getting the engine to ready. Si got into his own car and drove out.

My engine roared signaling me that it was time to step on it. Si drove out the car way. I drove following after him.