A little More Harder To Breathe

His heart monitor kept beeping. The beeping was a reminder each second that his heart was still beating. That he was fine. But he wasn't. He didn't look like it. His cheek was bruised, he had a white bandage white wrap around his head, and he wasn't awake.

I stood across Nicks hospital bed, watching as the nurse checked on him since he just came out of surgery.She checked his pulse, wrote it down on a check board, taking a few notes before leaving the room.

I let out a shaky exhaled as I slowly walked to his side. My lower lip trembled as my finger tips traced over his bruised cheek.

Damn it, Nick why did you do that? You should've just let me take the hit. Cause look where that got you, and I.

"Kiara!"

I rose my head up toward the door seeing Chen, Mira, and Jungkook.

Jungkook instantly brought me into his arms once he fully approached me while Chen and Mira stared at Nick.

I looked away from them and closed my eyes leaning my head into Jungkooks shoulder,"It's my fault he's here"

"Kiara why would you say that? I'm sure it isn't" he assured but I shook my head stepping out of the hug.

"What happened?" Chen questioned.

"Seoyeon came up to me and she was pissed she was talking about—" I stopped and stared at them remembering it all. The article..

"What Kiara?" Mira asked confused.

I shook my head scared,"Check your phones. Check the latest feed about our family."

I watched as they exchanged confused looks but they complied and looked their phones. I thought they wouldn't find it but Mira gasped turning all of our attention to her,"Oh my god"

I walked up to her and took her phone out of her hand looking at the article.

HUANG HARUHI PASSED AWAY IN CAR ACCIDENT 3 YEARS AGO?

I scrolled through the article reading some facts that were true and false. I bit my lower lip instantly getting out if and seeing another article.

HUANG KIARA LEFT SINGAPORE TO PERSUE COLLEGE EDUCATION

HUANG KIARA SAID TO NOT TAKE THE FAMILY BUSINESS AFTER HER FATHER?

HUANG JIA PASSED AWAY COMMITTING SUICIDE.

Chen suddenly snatched Mira's phone out of my hands as Jungkook looked at the phone too looking through what I found.

I stared at the wall feeling my hands drop to my sides. It's out there. The truth is out there and now everyone knows it.

"Kiara?"

I ignored their voices as I found myself walking out the room. I walked down the hallway until I got to the entrance of the hospital. Where I ran like hell.

I ran down the streets of China not bothering to fully check both sides of the street as some cars beeped at me.

I feel like I can't breathe. I should stop running. I don't even know where I'm going. But I don't wanna stop. Cause stopping will make me cry and I don't wanna cry cause if I do I won't be able to stop.
_______________________________________

I didn't know how I managed to come here. But when I woke up I found myself right next to my moms stone.

I slowly rubbed my eyes to get rid of the crust that had formed at the corner of my eyes before slowly rising up.

I sighed rubbing my eyes once more to adjust the bright sun as I could hear footsteps coming closer.

"Miss are you alright?"

I looked up a bit surprised seeing a couple that was probably in their 60's.

The lady kneeled down to me as I weakly nodded,"I'm fine, just tired" I assured her kindly.

"Did you sleep here?" The man asked, looking at me crazy,"You do know this is a graveyard"

I sighed nodding,"I know that sir."

"Oh goodness you must be cold then!" The lady began to help me up but I shook my head at her smiling politely,"No Ma'am I'm fine" I assured beginning to stand up on but I suddenly felt my legs wobble. I cursed as I fell back down.

My legs were sore from all the running. Sleeping on the cold hard grass didn't help.

"Oh gee!" The women and the man bent down instantly worried.

"Miss let me help you" the lady begged but I shook my head again,"I said I'm fine. Please go and see who you came here to see. I'll be okay on my own." I said trying my hardest to not sound rude.

Using my moms stone I put my hands on it to help me back up fighting the urge to fall back down but my buckled knees were making it impossible.

But I began to walk away. And somehow I managed to walk all the way to my house. Sadly when I came to the corner of my street I noticed many cars surrounding a particular house.

What the hell? Was there a party? Or an accident?

I went down my street carefully going to where most of the cars were parked but what I didn't realize was that it was my house until I saw paparazzi.

I cursed under my breath, immediately ducking down despite the pain my knees felt. I winced putting my hand over my mouth. They must be here because of the articles. God where are Chen, Mira and Jungkook? Are they inside?

I carefully peaked from behind the bushes looking at what they were doing. Some were chattering amongst others while others repeatedly rang the doorbell. While watching some test out their bright flashed cameras I bit my lower lip.

God where the hell would I go? I don't have another place. Maybe I could stay at the hospital but where I go and shower or change? I can't stay at a hotel, I don't have my card. I left all that stuff at school. I sighed in frustration slightly ruffling my hair annoyed. Maybe going to the hospital is the best thing to do right now.

As I began to stand up my legs began to buckle again that I stumbled down. However in the process my arm hit the bushes harshly that I yelped out loud not realizing I had captured everyone's attention.
I fell to my butt putting my hands to my mouth scared. I was praying that I didn't get caught.

I at first couldn't hear anything any of them were saying. But then I could hear one of them coming over to where I was at. I widened my eyes panicking. Oh god, if I get up they'll see me!

I looked around instantly seeing a car not far from here. This is stupid. I quickly began to crawl away to the car that when I heard the person get to the bushes I was already behind the car holding my breath in.

"No ones here!" A man suddenly yelled surprising me.

Waiting a few seconds I slowly peaked my head up noticing that no one was by the bushes anymore.

God, I have got to get out here before I get caught. I breathed in and out as I got up. I have to leave now. I glanced over at my house sadly before taking off. I ran as fast as I could down the streets. My legs that were beginning to limp didn't stop me from going further.

I bit my lip wincing as I was about to take a right turn but suddenly someone grabbed me from behind that I began to scream but they put their hands to my mouth. My screams were muffled as I used the most of my upper strength to elbow them in the face.

The person deeply groaned making me realize it was a guy. I turned around about to throw a punch but suddenly we tumbled down. I yelped out as I landed at his side. He tried to grab my sides but I punched his chest to push him away.

"Who are you? Let go of me!" I screamed raising my hand to his face but I stopped midway as I met Daoming Si's eyes.

I exhaled deeply in shock,"D—Daoming Si?"