Take Action

In my dream there was a boy, in bed, looking pale, with his lips that were red as my own, were turning dry, and chapped. His skin that reminded me of the snow flakes that would fall on a daily was turning grey losing color. Under his eyes was the darkest shade I'd ever seen. Despite his weak state he still was beautiful in my eyes. Yet he shattered me when he continuously weeping my name.

I appeared to be in what seemed in a endless hallway. I looked down seeing no end to this place. Whose house was this? It definitely wasn't mine.

His cries made me weak. I wanted to assure the boy I was fine, and that there was no need to be worrying about me.

The boy ignored my words and continued to cry.

It didn't stop, it was hurting my ears, that I wanted to cover them, begging him to stop hurting me like this. But the boy ignored more words again.

Then, I gasped. I ended up waking up in my hotel room. I looked around startled for a quick second before I managed to relax a little. My chest rose up and down as I glanced around wondering what on earth happened. But then I remembered. I was in Singapore.

I had left China right after I snuck out of Daoming Si's place. I made a promise to come to Singapore and meet up with my Dad. Let's just say the conversation was awkward.

"Morning" Mira and Chen said, bursting into the room. I jumped startled by the loud door as I quickly rubbed my eyes to fix my messy appearance.

"Morning" I said, looking to the sheets around me.

"How was your 55 hours of sleep? Did you dream about your lover boy?" Mira teased, taking a bite out of her muffin.

I knitted my eyebrows together..was the boy in my dreams him? I assumed it was, judging by his crying. "Yeah I guess so" I mumbled.

"So cuz do you plan on helping Nick's cousin with the wedding?" Chen questioned, plopping himself beside me on the bed.

The wedding wasn't until another five weeks,"No, I came here for something different" I said, scrambling off the bed to go and hurry on doing my routine.

"So what do you plan on doing here?" Mira yelled back confused.

I was going to follow up on my plan to help Si get back to a better mentality. For one, our friends were wrong. Si wasn't the one I was suppose to talk to, I already know how he is, he's just as stubborn as I am. If not more. But the one I should be talking to is his Mom, Mrs.Daoming.

She's the one that can take action on what really happens to her son. She's proven that she's had control all along. And I'm gonna be the one to allow that for once.

Last night before leaving for my flight I had Mrs.Choa send Mrs.Daoming an airplane ticket to Singapore as her flight would be leaving tonight. I made sure that Mrs.Daoming wouldn't deny it with the help of my Dad..as much as I hate to admit. He made sure to threaten that if she wouldn't come to Singapore then he would make sure to steal her business deal with Xiaozi's family. Of course it was a lie but knowing my father in the business industry, anyone would believe him.

I quickly washed my face and brushed my hair before exiting the bathroom,"I'm here on some..business" I semi lied.

Mira raised her eyebrow," Daoming Si business?"

She knows this all too well. I sighed, nodding,"yeah you can say that."

"Did something happen?" Chen asked. 

Yes, something did,"The wedding..it's happening."

"What wedding? There's our cousins wedding and then there's—"

"Dumbshit she's talking about Daoming Si" Mira snapped, throwing a grape at his face.

Chen easily caught the grape and popped it into his mouth,"Daoming Si is getting married?" Chen questioned confused,"I thought his mom broke it off?"

I shook my head, with my face frowning,"No, his moms putting it back on. It's been hard on him. Daoming Si he hasn't eaten, or drank anything. They say he could die which is why I'm following up on my plan."

I began to walk to the door but I stopped to look back at them,"What exactly do you plan on doing?" Chen frowned.

I sighed," Well for starters I know Daoming Si is getting married. There's nothing I can do to stop it. But if I can't be the one to Daoming Si then so be it. I'm not gonna fight for us to be together. I'm gonna fight for his freedom. His Mother can't control his life forever. Sometimes parents need to learn that their children are not their puppets" I glared at the thought of his mother before pushing the door open and going out to the streets.

....

It was the next morning. Bright in Singapore. I knew Daoming Si's mon had arrived. My body guards had sent me a message telling me. I had sent a email to her last night, telling her meet me at this mahjong arcade, where Jia use to take me on a daily basis. It was the only few places we managed to sneak out to without getting in trouble by our Dad.

The arcade was inside a building but the long tall building had no roof. It had no lights as they only pulled out the lanterns when night time approached. It had a tropical, dark wooden themed inside with a few China plates hung up on the wall with fake golden mirrors.The building was quite easy to find. It was more on the commoners side of the town but this building looked more nicer compared to the other ones.

I was already in the arcade. I had been here for the past two hours playing with these Japanese elders at a round small table who were death and only spoke sign language. 

Right now Singapore was a lot more warmer than it was in China so I was able to wear a dress that reached my mid thighs. It was a white cotton dress that exposed my shoulders yet was long sleeved.

I smiled at the women's kindness as we were setting up another round of mahjong. I haven't played this in so long but somehow I still remember the rules. It was all thanks to Jia.

I used the long stuck to set up the blocks, focusing my attention on the table until I heard long high heel strides coming this way. I let out a slight exhale, thankful that the two couldn't hear how nervous I was feeling. Remember Kiara, this is for Si. I looked up seeing Mrs.Daoming stand there wearing a all navy blue suit with her hair for once up.

I did my best to flash my most polite smile,"Thank you for meeting me here Mrs.Daoming." She nodded a bit, glancing between the two ladies,"Don't worry about them, they're death and only speak sign language in Japanese" I shrugged,"Join the game, while we're at it."

————————
Crazy Rich Asian fans, get ready for the next chapter