Pity Party

I stared down my own reflection slowly fixing my hair with my shaky hands in Jings private bathroom

I stared down my own reflection slowly fixing my hair with my shaky hands in Jings private bathroom. Shancai somehow convinced me to go to this beach party.

But I couldn't find myself leave the bathroom.

I was scared to step out and go out there and have people recognize me. Have people see through me.

This felt like a hell no for me.

I frowned slowly looking down to my outfit.

A black top with a long nude mixed dark peach color topping it off with light brown flats.

It was different from what Ting and Shancai were wearing but it was what I had in my suitcase.

I let out a deep sigh and closed my eyes,"It's fine, I got this. I can do this"

Mom and Jia would want this.. right?

When I opened my eyes stepped out overhearing Jing talk to Shancai while fixing her up for the party,"My birthday is next week, I invited some friends. You should come along with Kiara."

"Your birthday? It must be a huge event."

"Don't worry, I won't invite those girls at school"

"Oh yeah can I bring my friends to the party?" Shancai quickly questioned.

"Of course, as long as they're your friends you can bring them all" Jing said.

"Thank you Jing!"

Oh, let's get you a dress! I'm going to make you so pretty to surprise everyone" she excitedly said.

I smiled walking in now feeling their eyes on me.

"Wow Kiara you look amazing" Shancai complimented.

I looked down at my outfit once more,"Thanks it's not much. I'll wait for you guys downstairs"

They both nodded agreeing as I waited for almost thirty minutes til they came down with Shancai wearing a dress that was a white dress that dropped above her knees. It had the tying part go behind her neck which showed off her arms, shoulders and back.

Jing definitely made Shancai look good for this party.

I gave Shancai a bump on the hips,"Shancai you look amazing! Jing definitely has talent"

Jing smiled as Shancai blushed.

When we finished with our chat we went over to the beach finding everyone dancing to the music but what caught my attention was Daoming Si and Lei sitting beside each other in complete silence.

I wonder if they've made up yet..

Shancai who looked nervous kept glancing over at Lei. I looked between the two wondering if something was going on.

I don't know why but it made something in me feel..upset. I shook the feeling off knowing what I felt was completely stupid.

After all Lei only looked at Jing.

"Shancai you look so pretty like this" Ximen complimented once he saw us come.

I couldn't help but smile proudly like a Mama,"You too Kiara, you look very sexy" Mei Zou said almost stuttering.

I noticed his eyes went wide with blush evident on his cheeks.

I smiled thanking him.

"Girls really need to dress up"

"Jing has impecable taste"

"Even Shancai looks good with her help"

"Right Si?"

I at first wasn't looking at Si as I found myself staring at the people dancing around us. My chest slightly rose from my hard breathing but I looked away calming myself. I had to get a grip.

I sighed turning to look at Si but found him looking directly at me. I frowned at first wondering why he was paying attention to me and not Shancai.

"Si!"

"Huh?" He quickly looked away blinking a couple of times.

I rolled my eyes and looked around the atmosphere feeling out of place. I nodded to myself repeating that I needed to let loose.

"Alright here I go" I muttered. I tried to go on the dance floor and dance with a couple of people but after a couple of minutes I left and came back to where Shancai and Jing were as Si was there with Lei.

I didn't notice Si looking at me until he stood up walking towards me. But he was the least of my concern.

I began to feel my palms sweaty with my chest began to hurt.

Jing noticed my pain expression as she came to my side,"Kiara are you okay?"

My breath shook as I slowly met her eyes, "I need a moment to breath" I admitted.

"Wait Kiara—!"

I quickly rushed out the place and hurried away down to the beach away from the people and sat near an open fire with a couple of people surrounding it.

I sat on the ground, not caring if sand was getting on my butt and pulled my knees to my chest.

I don't know who it was that followed me but I didn't want to look back. I was humiliated.

Not by this situation but with myself. I had found out my Dad was having an affair with another women, a stranger who I don't even know for 2 years has been texting me on my every move, my Mom and sister weren't here, and another person wasn't here because of me.

I don't know how my Dad does it. How he can forget about Jia, my Mom, I can't even forget about Bora! How does he do it? How does he act like a cold person when I'm still here?

But this was something no would ever know the answer to.

I suddenly let out a sob as tears spilled from my glossy eyes. I let out a small cry as I softly hit my chest repeatedly.

Suddenly someone from behind grabbed me scaring me as I went to scream but when I met his eyes I widened my eyes shocked.

Si?

I went to open my mouth but he pulled me into his hug as I wanted to fight against this hold but he held onto me tightly.

"Kiara—"

"No let go!" I begged as I pushed him finally having his arms away.

He stared at me like a pile of bricks had hit him. I wiped my tears looking away embarrassed. No one was to suppose to see me cry. Especially not him.

"Leave me alone Si. I don't need anyone, especially you to bully me" I sniffed my nose walking away.

"Kiara wait!" He yelled but I ignored going to tell Shancai I was leaving the party early.

When I went to look for her the lights a the dance floor suddenly turned black that I tripped and fell down to my butt.

I winced going to stand up but when the lights turned on I gasped as in front of me was Shancai on the ground kissing Daoming Si.

Holy shit.