Bitterness Is All I Taste

"Kiara! Come help me with the dishes!" Nick yelled through the whole penthouse.

I stared at my reflection as I checked my outfit out one last time,"Okay!" I yelled back, leaving my guest room and heading to the kitchen where he had breakfast laid out on the table with a pile of dishes in the sink.

"Nick! I told you to do your half of the dishes last night" I groaned,"Now look at the dishes, I have to go to school in thirty minutes. I won't be able to finish my half on time."

"If you weren't out so much with your boyfriend being all rainbows and cupcakes then maybe chores wouldn't be so far behind now would it" he sneered, tossing another dish in the sink, before walking past me.

I watched him confused, why was he so upset? If anything I should be the one upset. He hasn't been doing his chores, he's expecting me to do most of them. But I don't blame him entire. He did just come back from the hospital. However this attitudeof his is just getting worse. Especially since I've been going out with Si and I've been coming back late.

"Okay, what is your problem?" I asked now beginning to match his level of annoyance,"I've been asking you this all week but you give me the same reply,"I'm fine, now go with your boyfriend."" I said mocking the way he speaks.

He stared at me unamused,"My problem is that your out there fucking your boyfriend, while I'm here left alone and—"

"Whoa first of all that's not true."

"Yes it is your banging each other!"

"It's not like that."

"Oh really?"

I tried to talk but Nick would run me over with his bitter words as we found ourselves talking over each other, trying to see who could be the loudest. It got to the point where Nick was turning red, and where I felt tears of frustration threatening to spill.

"For the love of god, I'm not fucking him!" I screamed.

"Then why do you always come home with red lips, that looked like they've been kissed for hours!?"

"Because we make out! Couples do that Nick. You of all people should know. You were having fun at that when it came to our teenage nights where you'd sneak out, go to clubs, make out with girls, to the point of having sex with them and sometimes you'd drag me with you—"

"At least I brought you with me instead of leaving you" he shrugged, walking away to the living room.

I scoffed, following after him,"Your disgusting why would I bring you with me? You think I wanted to hear you fuck girls while I sat there in a uncomfortably?"

He turned around sharply that my back hit the wall. He leaned down to my face that I felt mine heat up,"It was better than you grieving about your depressing life."

What the hell is going on with him!?

"I seriously can't with you right now. What is with you?" But then I realized something,"Have you been drinking again?" I asked with a mixture of fear, anger and concern.

"What does it matter to you? It's not like your here anyways"

"Nick, your my best friend. Of course I'm gonna care. Plus..I hate it when you drink"

He stared at me with a expression I couldn't read. I frowned grabbing both his arms,"Nick? Talk to me, please."

His didn't say anything as his hand gently touched my cheek that his eyes darted between mine. I was going to touch his hand that was my cheek but he sighed pulling my hands away from him.

"I think it's time for you to go to school."

I was about to protest against it but he had already left the room hearing his door slam shut.

————————————————

When I got to school I acted as if it was any other day. I went to class, turned my phone off to prevent texts from NY who I haven't heard from shockingly in a while and did my work.

But when lunch time came I decided to go to the rooftop, seeing Lei drink a juice box. I smiled at him and walked up to him, sitting beside him st the railing.

"Hey, its been a while since I've seen you" I said.

He smiled,"Its good to see you Kiara. I'm assuming things between you and Si are good."

I nodded,"Yeah."

"Did you guys kiss?"

I widened my eyes,"W—What why?"

His smile didn't fade as he leaned back into the railing,"Just asking."

"Why? Need some entertainment?" I joked.

"I could use some of it" he joked back. We both shook our heads chuckling.

"How are things between Si mom and you?" He suddenly asked.

Huh, I wonder why he could be asking about her,"I haven't seen her since that whole arranged marriage between Si and that girl. Why?"

When I looked over at him, Lei had this face of confusion. Like there was a piece of a puzzle that was missing. He muttered something I couldn't quite catch.

"Does she know Si and you are still together?" He began to ask these questions with concern.

"I honestly don't know" I confessed. I hadn't really thought Si's mom.

"Has anything happened to Shancai or your other friends. What about your cousins?"

Now that I thought about it, ever since Nicks accident I haven't Mira, Chen, or Jungkook. When the news broke out it's like they fled for themselves. Why?

"I—I don't know, Lei why are you asking all these things? Your making me worried. Do you know something I don't?" I asked pushing myself away from the railing.

"Si's mom probably did something to them."

I shook my head immediately,"No, that's impossible. She can't do anything, especially if she thinks there's nothing going on between Si and I."

He sighed,"I don't want to be the one to tell you this, I thought Si would've told you, but when Shancai, and I went to Daoming Si's ex fiancés resort, Shancai fought for you and Daoming Si and when Si's mom found out she.."

I frowned,"She What Lei?"

"She broke into your Dads documents."

My heart dropped to my stomach. My face froze in shocks as realization had hit me hard that i felt breathless.

"Kiara, she was the one to reveal to the world your families documents."