The Man I Once Loved:Part 3

Down within the streets of China were so many fancy cars, with girls with barely any clothing on sat on the hoods of the cars. They flirted with multiple guys around who basically represented street fashion, with the ripped jeans, leather jackets, some had lip or nose rings, putting a cigarette to their lips.

Kiara put her hand to her nose to not inhale any of the smoke that was urging her to cough out loud.

"Well this is Kiara, street wars" Nick mused putting his soft hand around her waist where she could feel his skin.

"It's a lot" she blurted out. She was trying to take everything in.

"But it's better" he chuckled into her ear.

"Hey man what's up" a man behind them suddenly greeted. Kiara stopped when Nick turned to the guy giving him a brief hand shake.

"How you doing?"

Kiara tuned out their conversation as she looked around seeing a couple making out hard core inside one of the cars that had paint that was bright neon green with some designs that reminded of her a anime.

She shifted her eyes away just as she felt Nick look at her,"Whose the girl? Your it girl tonight?" The guy questioned.

Kiara eyed the guy, he looked pretty attractive, he had a tattoo that was being exposing near his collarbone. He had a lip ring at the corner of his right mouth. His painted ash brown hair wasn't messy nor cleaned up either.

He wasn't too bad in looks, but with his comment about her, made her want to throw a a filthy cigarette at his face,"Nah, she's my bestfriend. So hands off" Nick glared pulling Kiara closer to him.

"Alright" The guy laughed turning to Kiara.

"I'm Mark by the way" he introduced.

Was that his American name?

"I'm Kiara" she greeted back with a polite smile.

"You lookin to race?" He questioned, gesturing to the cars that were lined up.

Kiara felt nervous, she didn't know what to say, she just came to have a good time,"N—No, I'm just here to watch."

"Come on Kiara you know you want to" Nick said nudging her side.

"But I don't even know how" she shot back not meaning to lie.

"Yeah you do. Remember when we went car racing? I taught you have to change the shifts and everything and since then you've been a pro"

Kiara glared at Nick. He was doing this on purpose.

"Oh so you know how? Come along, we got the perfect car" Mark said, grabbing her arm.

Kiara nervously laughed shaking her head,"No, thanks I'm—"

"She'll do it. Take her away Mark" Nick said, mouthing Kiara good luck.

"No, no— ugh, Nick!" She yelled. Mark dragged her to a bright hot pink car that once she looked inside of it her eyes widened. Oh god, everything here looked so high tech, it made her feel excited all over again.

"Alright everyone's about to race. Get ready!" Mark yelled, before hurrying back into the crowd.

Kiara hesitantly stepped inside closing the door. She rolled the windows down and stared at every part of the car. "You know the stop, gas, the turning shift?" Nick questioned startling Kiara.