Shaken Up

After the whole meeting with my school counselor about the internship, I had went home and went straight to sleep. All I could remember doing the next day was rushing to get to school while trying to contact Daoming Si who wasn't responding to me. I tried again today but I still haven't heard a thing. Every single call went straight to voicemail.

I was wondering why he was not answering, he's not the type of person to do that. But I had to remind myself that he could be busy. I didn't want to be that annoying girlfriend that would be blowing up his phone. However, I couldn't help it.

While rushing to school, I threw on a checkered black and white mini skirt with a white T-shirt. I put my short hair in curls, going to school like that. My day went by somewhat fast and slow. Slow when I was bored with the class since I finished all of the work, and fast when I was working on a assignment.

Luckily when lunch came I went straight to my friends who were eating in the cafeteria. We sat around talking about the most randomist things. Li Zhen and Shancai were being fanatical about some new celebrity guy, while Quinghe and I were discussing about the meals we like to prepare for certain occasions. I shook my head in disappointment when Quinghe began to tell me he doesn't like to put condense milk into his coffee, I opened my mouth to argue but I jumped when a sudden cold hand touched my shoulder. I quickly turning around, seeing it was Ximen.

I relaxed putting my hand to my chest,"Ximen, you startled me. What can I do for you? How come your here?"

He didn't really say anything, only that he gestured for me to follow him. I didn't really argue and told Shancai, Li Zhen, and Quinghe bye. They waved back as Ximen led me away from the cafeteria and took me to the rooftop where Lei and I would usually met up my first semester here at Midge.

And to my surprise, Lei and Mei Zou were here. But not Si.

I hesitantly sat in front of them, glancing at each of their faces hating that this silence was now killing me,"How come you guys are here? You all look like some major shit is happening right now."

They each glanced at each other.

Lei turned to me, finally being the first one to speak,"Daoming Si has temporarily left."

I widened my eyes, that I found myself standing up,"What?"

"We think his mom found out about you two" He continued on.

I put my hand to my forehead, I—I don't understand. How can this happen..we were just fine a few days ago. Why..why now?

"The reason we came here is because Lei received a strange phone call yesterday" Mei Zou said.

"What kind of phone call" I questioned.

"Si called him yesterday but didn't say a word. We heard him telling someone not to you. So we know something happened to him" Ximen answered,"He must've called Lei to let us know that he's gone."

Oh god, this is gotten to a whole other level.

"After this happened, I went to Si's house. They said that Si had already gone back to London" Mei Zou sighed.

There was no other thing I could do. Daoming Si was forced by his mom to go back to London. She's gained more control than I thought. How do I deal with this? I can't just do this by myself.

God, why did this have to happen? We were just fine the other day. We were so happy.

My breathing began to escalate. I felt a sharp pain in my right rib cage wincing out loud, gaining their concerns.

"Kiara, are you hurt?" Lei questioned, standing up from his spot.

I bit my lower lip shaking my head,"Here sit down" Ximen gently pushed me to the seat behind as Mei Zou bend down to my level.

"I—I'm fine" I stuttered, waving off the pain as I knitted my eyebrows.

"I've been trying to contact Mrs.Zhuang all morning but I haven't heard a response" Ximen told me.

Lei gently patted my back, in attempt to make me feel better.

"No, if Mrs.Zhuang knew what was happening she would've contacted us" I said.

"Kiara..you do know that once Si's mom makes a decision, Mrs.Zhuang won't be able to change her mind" Mei Zou reminded me.

"So what do you plan on doing?" Ximen asked.

I sighed leaning my head into the palms of my hands. This all was so complicated. Getting through his mom is a definite challenge. I can't do this by myself. But who would I ask? I know Lei, Ximen, and Mei Zou would love to help but they can't help me all the way.

I can't ask Mira and Chen either. They're already busy with the wedding and work. I can't turn to anyone else. I have no one.

Except..oh god..no, I can't ask him. Asking him is asking the devil for help. He doesn't care about me, I highly doubt he'll do this on my behalf. Plus he hasn't shown me affection before why would he suddenly do it for me now?

But I have no one else to ask. And I can't do this by myself. I have to do this for Si. He's always been there for me, protecting me, I can't just sit here and wait for something to happen. I can't stay in China, and this time I'm not running away.

I stood up, feeling my heart beat faster. I can't believe I'm doing this. But I have to do it for Si.

"I'm going to London and I'm bringing the devil with me."

The devil, the man I once called my Father.